Thread: Ported gas plug and Mini-G

Ported gas plug and Mini-G

The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

No. The adjustable plug is what you want. Muzzle devices change the gas pressure tremendously and requires fine tuning only a Shuster can provide.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

At the risk of sounding dumb, why and how is this better than the other one?
    Last edited by centurion20000; 08-02-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

IMO you want the Schuster , I dont buy into the "one size fits all" that Garand Gear sells. People go to Garand Gears because they dont want to take a few extra minutes to fine tune the Schuster
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    This one is non-adjustable, It is 'gentler' than the original USGI plugs as it bleeds off more gas, and is supposed to let you use heavier loads in full size garands, but the Schuster plug has a set screw which allows you go really adjust the gas system to run reliably with the least amount as gas pressure (most gentle on the action). It's a must for the Mini-Gs.

Justin

Garand Gear is probably fine on a standard Garand. It does not usually work on a Mini-G. I can only say that I have personally tested this theory and don't care to discuss the why and how.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Garand Gear is probably fine on a standard Garand. It does not usually work on a Mini-G. I can only say that I have personally tested this theory and don't care to discuss the why and how.
    I'll tell. We tried INCREASING the volume in the gas cylinder, as the Garand Gear plug does, on a rifle with a worn gas system and voila-it would cycle. Our theory was that the increased volume of gas in the gas cylinder would keep expanding giving the op rod a longer "push". Just a theory, but it worked. That was when Tim was fun and in an experimenting mode.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau