Thread: CMP Receivers question

CMP Receivers question

Can anyone list what would be fair prices for Grade B & C receivers? Got a guy offering to sell me some and wanted to make sure I get a fair price on them. Thanks.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

If grade C receivers are still for sale at the CMP, I would say no more then 10% mark up or I would just buy CMP. If they are not for sale at the CMP then double the money. B receivers would just be $350 to $400 as well. That's the pricing I'm seeing all this stuff go for.

I don't think the CMP has sold "B" receivers for a few years but they were nice. No pitting, deep heal strikes, lots of finish. In todays market I wouldn't be surprised if they break the $400 barrier.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I don't think the CMP has sold "B" receivers for a few years but they were nice. No pitting, deep heal strikes, lots of finish. In todays market I wouldn't be surprised if they break the $400 barrier.
    Ha, times sure have changed, might have been 2 years or less..I bought a sweet b grade, with a fitted 1955 barrel that looked new???For CMP fee of $350.00...Now I would do it again, but alias, I waited too long for that extra plum..??

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Ha, times sure have changed, might have been 2 years or less..I bought a sweet b grade, with a fitted 1955 barrel that looked new???For CMP fee of $350.00...Now I would do it again, but alias, I waited too long for that extra plum..??
    You're like me. A day late and a dollar short.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    I need to stay off of Gun Broker. I just bought a receiver for $249. I'm sure it is a Grade C, but it is a lot nicer than most Grace C's I have seen. Very little pitting either above of below the wood line. Nice sight serrations. The Certificate was all blurred out so I'll have to see when I get it. I have no problem paying $250 for a grade C receiver if I can see it, rather than spin the wheel with the CMP mailorder, some of the ones I have see pictures of don't look too pretty. If you can pick it out at a store, well that's a different story.

Justin

I rolled the dice on three of CMP's Grade C reeivers and got real lucky. Two had absolutly no pitting and strong heel stamps, the third had a very small spot of pitting with good heel stamps. All three were well worth the $125 price tag. I have seen pics that others posted I wouldnt use for a build if they were given to me.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

So $250 each for a pair of grade B receivers is good. Got it. Thanks guys.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

I have Grade B receivers in original finish , excellent condition for $350, + $15 shipping. Tony Giacobbe