Thread: Pick-up truck anti-tank gun..

Founding Member

Pick-up truck anti-tank gun..

On the boob tube yesterday, there was a mean looking Ford truck with 15 ft barrel anti-tank gun being used in Iraq, Rebel forces? They were driving down the hyway, it was firing over the cab...Some red-neck ingenuity in action...wish I had more details....

Patriot
    Usually when you see these it's almost always a white toyota pickup. They call them 'Technicals' for some reason....

Founding Member

Truck I D ?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Usually when you see these it's almost always a white toyota pickup. They call them 'Technicals' for some reason....
    You might be right, it could have been the longer model,Toyota, plus there are some made that cannot be SOLD in the states. Technicals seems to be too complicated?? Most of the time it looks to be 20mm cannon or a soviet heavy machine gun..reminds me of the WW2 half-tracks, with the Quad-AA gun mount, or even two 50cals... I am going to search for more details, i bet it was in the 57 to 90 mm range. definitely not a recoilless rifle..yesterday one of the convoys were all Mitsubishi pu trucks..