Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other weapons, How about a PBR, Patrol Boat, River...complete...

Founding Member

Other weapons, How about a PBR, Patrol Boat, River...complete...

The Brown water Navy, or shallow water navy, raised my interests after working in a Jacuzzi Factory and building Jet boat units for Patrol Boats..They had contracts to build them for several countries, and we used a lot of very high grade metal to make the units..Titanium, Stainless steel, magnesium, and others were used to fill the contracts..there is no telling How Much each unit cost for the gov... They also never described the boats to be fitted..only we had to hold 225-250 hp diesel powered engines..Later proven to be Detroits...What do you know about the PBR boat family, the Zippo and or the Mortor.{SP} class of boats??..OG.

I know I haven't seen one in civilian hands. Where are they? Where I live there used to be tons of ex-govt boats but I never saw a PBR.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    A Pabst Blue Ribbon(PBR) boat?I want one
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Here's one for Ya Stu,and shouldn't be hard to come by for a man of your means.
    http://halltrucksales.com/content/19...br-vietnam-era
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    I live an hour from Tampa, LOL.

Here's another PBR....a bargain at $125,000.00

http://www.armyjeeps.net/1968PBR-2X/PBR.htm
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member

PBR boat

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Here's one for Ya Stu,and shouldn't be hard to come by for a man of your means.
    http://halltrucksales.com/content/19...br-vietnam-era
    Great, there she is in all her Glory..I really enjoyed the movie Appoclypse now..So much i have it on tape..you really cannot understand what they were trying to say unless you see the full movie---REDUX..It was over 3 1/2 hours long after they cut out another hour, way too long to be shown in the flicks.....War is HELL....Survival is on everyone mind..Just till the next day..Back to the boat, i know there are many more photos of them.. Someone had published them wrecked or salvage on the side of the river in vietnam...Who would not want that front turrant, with the two m-2's on it?? Did you see the huge jet pump outputs and reverse gates?? I machined a bunch of them, plus some Impellers and other parts....We worked on Jet Bowls from 8 inches diameter to 36 inches for tow boats..Jacuzzi held the jet boat speed record at the time,, 98 mph on carb 427 chevy engine in a low profile boat..

In my opinion, the book was better than the movie... and I thought the movie was great.

It's Friday and I shall now begin construction of my own Pabst Blue Ribbon boat.

Cheers men!

Founding Member
    Great post before and after photos..I see that Schlitz might become history too?? Not many people drink it here and it is made with Mem. water??

Patriot
    This was a good topic Old Guard, I enjoyed hearing about the pumps. I ahve seen footage where they just power thru mud and much. Did these boats gut stuck often? Interesting about the jet speed record. I reconditioned a 83 checkmate 19 and went for speed even know it considered heavy for its size. A jet needs lots of hp to go fast where as an outboard will fly with the right set up. . I turned a 28 pitch surface piercing prop at 62 hundred rpms for 80 mph .