Thread: Gun Store M1 Garand Use

Gun Store M1 Garand Use

I was wondering about your guys opinion on this. I am friends with the owners of a local gun shop and range. I was thinking of letting them use one of my Garand's as a range rental. So a couple of quick questions.

What would you charge to shoot an M1 at a local gun range? or what would you be willing to pay?

What would you charge the gun shop to use the M1 Garand? Would you have them buy it from you or rent it from you?

Just thinking about it right now.

My question is if you are renting it and something happens are you liable?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    What do they charge for similar rentals?

I agree with Orlando about the liability issue, especially if an idiot brings some "hot" reloads to shoot in your garand.
    Restrictions on the type of ammo used can be worked out between you and the gun shop

However, the monetary rewards at renting out you garand could be enticing.
    Even if you charge only $5.00, after 200 rentals, you have enough money to buy another one.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

you couldn't pay me enough. You own the rifle, YOU are responsible for any and all damage and accidents. YOU will be sued. Call your insurance agent and ask him how much the additional insurance would be to cover this type of activity. I'm willing to bet you couldn't charge enough for rental to cover the liability insurance. It will be cheaper in the long run to just give your garand to your buddy and let him do what he wants with it
    [SIGPIC]

This is why I like this place, good honest answers to questions that I never thought of. I think I would just let them buy the Garand from me and then let it be their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinks352 View Post
    This is why I like this place, good honest answers to questions that I never thought of. I think I would just let them buy the Garand from me and then let it be their problem.
    If the guy is a close friend, sell him the garand at a fair price. Then, once he has recovered his cost on it, have it kick you back a piece of the rental action - OFF THE BOOKS.
    [SIGPIC]