Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout upper

300 Blackout upper

Picked up a 300 Blackout carbine length upper for my AR today, and a Fab Defense GL Mag butt stock. Really liking Fab Defenses quality I guess Isreali Special Forces know what they're doing. It's gonna be nice to have two rounds on one platform, and uses all the same magazines as my 5.56. Only thing I don't really like is the rail on the gas block is about 1/4" lower than the one on the receiver. I hope I can adjust for elevation properly.
    Last edited by jcote; 09-26-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick" Theodore Roosevelt

"Any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and will lose both" Benjamin Franklin

"Admiration is the daughter of ignorance" Benjamin Franklin

Patriot
    Did you get flip up sights for it? They make same plane sights for rails on the same plane and others with a taller front sight to account for this. If you use the correct sights you should have no problem.

I did order some aluminum flip ups before I noticed the difference in height between rails. I just hope the elevation knob can take up the loss in height because I'm not a big fan of fully railed handguards. Guess I will see when it all comes in, thanks for the info. Think I got a pretty good deal it was $440 for the new complete upper just pin it on and go.
    Last edited by jcote; 09-22-2014 at 12:03 AM.

"Any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and will lose both" Benjamin Franklin

Who made the upper? Been looking 300 BLK as a carbine version for 308 and I just don't like the M1 carbine.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Patriot
    Check out Hardened Arms. They are decent quality and inexpensive.

I purchased it off armslist no manufacturer info was given just what was included. Check out armslist under 300 blackout upper and go back a few days price says 440.

Upper came in today and everything looks great and seems to function fine, I changed the gas block out for double railed one at the same height. Although not sure I made the correct chamber choice, turns out 300 Blackout is tough to find here and my state prohibits sellers from shipping ammo to my state. I did find a nice local shop who ordered it for me buy no ETA when its coming off backorder. Purchased a muzzle brake for it because flash hiders are illegal here, because I live in a state where stocks must be pinned and flash hiders are evil. Only trouble is I now have to get the brake pinned and welded by a gun smith, thank you Massachusetts. Can't wait to move to Washinton State where a man can run, or at least briskly walk free.
    Last edited by jcote; 09-26-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Patriot
    Reload it, the possibilities are endless. Brass is easy to find, places convert 5.56 to 300 for relatively cheap, and you can use almost any 30 cal projectile.

It's a lot cheaper too!

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Reload it, the possibilities are endless. Brass is easy to find, places convert 5.56 to 300 for relatively cheap, and you can use almost any 30 cal projectile.

It's a lot cheaper too!
    I'll have to check that out my local shop just moved to a new building and around here the 300 Blackout is really hard to find. Got a decent price on my order though I bought 200 rounds for 150. So at .75 a round I think I did pretty well, not reloaded price well but livable.

Patriot
    Can you have ammo shipped to a FFL dealer and pick it up from him. I would think so, he has to get it from somewhere too.

We have a lot of similar BS in NY. I can't have ammo shipped to my house but I can buy it and have it shipped to my FFL and he can 'transfer' it to me.

Justin