Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did a little diving Sunday

Founding Member

Did a little diving Sunday

I am trying out the vimeo site for video hosting. I was never impressed with photobucket for playback quality. I shoot using the GoPro in 1080 so I wanted the best resolution for playback.

I think this gives you a good idea of what it's like down there!

Aeolus Grouper from Black Water Diver on Vimeo.

No fish for you! from Black Water Diver on Vimeo.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Awesome!I always wanted to dive, and explore WW2 wrecks but my lungs and body no longer work.When I could swim,I used to snorkel Lake Tahoe and catch monster crawdads!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Bro, that looks coll as hell, but no chance you'd ever get me that close to a shark.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Awesome!I always wanted to dive, and explore WW2 wrecks but my lungs and body no longer work.When I could swim,I used to snorkel Lake Tahoe and catch monster crawdads!
    I dove the USS San Diego and the USS Turner. The Turner probably over 50 times. Both are pretty much picked clean now but in the day the San Diego was covered in 30-06 in stripper clips. I still have some somewhere.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Punch,

I have friends that would argue the San Diego being picked clean. The easy stuff has been recovered for sure.

Patriot
    Nice... Did I miss where this was?

Founding Member
    Coast of NC.

[QUOTE=cuppednlocked;46336]Punch,

I have friends that would argue the San Diego being picked clean. The easy stuff has been recovered for sure.[/QUOTE

You are right. I was over-simplifying. I started diving the San Diego in the late 70's and the stuff was there for the pickin-just lying on the sand. The easy stuff is gone-like you said. The last time I was on her was the late 80's. Penetration diving with steel 72's was not a big thing for us. We rarely went more than 10 or fifteen feet in. As far as the Turner, there is no penetrating. That is just a pile of rubble. I stand corrected.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    It is a much more dangerous dive now from what they tell me. Like the Doria. These guys are serious artifact hunters. Some won't go in the Doria because she is collapsing so badly. Decks are no longer flat and you can easily switch levels without knowing it.

It sounds like you and I might know some of the same people. They have been diving up you way for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    It is a much more dangerous dive now from what they tell me. Like the Doria. These guys are serious artifact hunters. Some won't go in the Doria because she is collapsing so badly. Decks are no longer flat and you can easily switch levels without knowing it.
    Couldn't you just trail some 550 cord behind you just in case?
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'