Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did a little diving Sunday

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Couldn't you just trail some 550 cord behind you just in case?
    Line reels are used often. The problem is laying the line and where the line goes once it's off the reel. In zero viz, you can follow a line right into a bulkhead if it slips into a broken seam or crack.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    It is a much more dangerous dive now from what they tell me. Like the Doria. These guys are serious artifact hunters. Some won't go in the Doria because she is collapsing so badly. Decks are no longer flat and you can easily switch levels without knowing it.

It sounds like you and I might know some of the same people. They have been diving up you way for a long time!
    I just looked at my PADI card. July 79' and I was diving without a card since '75 or so. I haven't been in the water for about 6 years now, so I think my stuff needs a little work. My last real dive-not including changing props and zincs and stuff was the Relief. It's small but it is completely intact. I'm getting the itch I think.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Always wanted to get into diving. Alas, I'm afraid I'm too shot out to start now.

Guess I just have to live vicariously through others great vids... keep em coming.

Great video and discussion, thanks guys
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Thanks for the refresher, My diving was in fresh water, PADI card went out years ago..I really got the bug to go while i was down in the caymen islands.we had to settle for going down in a submarine, the visability was very nice and the fish were just thick...Even as Senior I may go down again in the future..

Founding Member
    We used to have an 80ish year old guy who when diving on the boat. His last dive was after his 90th and he stopped voluntarily. If you use the "too old" description it may not be too late...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    We used to have an 80ish year old guy who when diving on the boat. His last dive was after his 90th and he stopped voluntarily. If you use the "too old" description it may not be too late...
    I haven't used it much lately"too old", but there are things now I must admit, I will never try..some that I did want to do..like laying between two 25 year old women..

39 years old, smoker, drinker, mental midget with a penchant for buggery.

Would you dive with him (me)?

Founding Member
    It depends on who you plan on buggering!!!

I'd be buggering myself if I tried something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXQbucZUDA