Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Standard parts drop down Gas Cylinder

Patriot

WTB Standard parts drop down Gas Cylinder

He's out of stock. Looking for one for a Mini-G build.

Thanks
    Justin

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    He's out of stock. Looking for one for a Mini-G build.

Thanks
    Justin
    A little clarification. Yes, we have none of the Repro BM62/69 cylinders available for sale. WE DO have plenty of original BM59 gas cylinders. Right now, we have stripped ones available. Later this week we will have complete assemblies with the sight system.

Greg

Patriot
    Sorry sir, didn't mean to speak for you. I just was hoping to avoid the "Try Standard Parts" reply. Yes I am looking for one of the repros, without the sight system. If I have to I may go that route. The real reason is I want to run an Ultimak, but don't really want to have Tim have to machine my oprod and mount.

Thanks
    Justin

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Sorry sir, didn't mean to speak for you. I just was hoping to avoid the "Try Standard Parts" reply. Yes I am looking for one of the repros, without the sight system. If I have to I may go that route. The real reason is I want to run an Ultimak, but don't really want to have Tim have to machine my oprod and mount.

Thanks
    Justin
    Justin, no problem....actually you may have opened up a good point for discussion. There should still be a fair ammont of the stripped BM gas cylinders and some complete ones out there. There is also people wanting to do a "drop down" gas cylinder build. So maybe someone can come up with plug for the spindle valve hole on the stripped gas cylinders. We had tig welded a couple to close up the spindle valve hole and the detent grooves. Was no issue for our guy to weld them, just don't have time to have the weld machined off smooth and recoat the cylinders---maybe down the road will have time, but just not right now. So maybe there's a rework opportunity out there for some enterprising capitalistic soul. Best answer, in my opinion, (and Stu I think came up with the idea) would be to make an M14 look-alike spindle valve to eliminate the grenade launching sight. Or, (and know of one case where it was done) come up with a allen head like dowel that is pinned on one end. Of course you have to drill a gas port hole. Just throwing all this out there. If it's OK with Shuff maybe some will chime in with a good rework idea. I sure would be interested.

Greg
    Last edited by ordmm; 10-13-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Patriot
    Nobody has one of these laying around?

Greg, I for one would be in for a tig welded gas cylinder. I will have the finishing work done myself. Stu
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    I'm with Fizbo. I'm sure I could grind it flush or have someone do it...

One person, just one person asks for a tig welded gas cylinder Greg may think he's really sick and
    just ignore him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony
    Greg may think they're both faggots and they won't get gas cylinders either.
    And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people posting on the forum
    Singing a bar of I Want A Gas Cylinder and logging out. Greg may think it's an
    Organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
    Fifty people a day logging on and postin' a bar of I Want A Welded Gas Cylinder and
    logging out. And friends he may thinks it's a movement

And that's what it is , the I Want A Tig Welded BM59 Gas Cylinder Movement, and
    All you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
    forum.

With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and
    Sing it when it does. Here it comes

You can get anything you want, at Standard Parts LLC
    Post right up and nag the ex-hack
    Next thing you know gas cylinders will be back
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Sounds good to me, but then he may have to change the name of his company, as the parts wouldn't be so 'Standard' anymore..

Patriot
    bump. Still looking