Thread: Upper Band Screws for 1903a3

Patriot

Upper Band Screws for 1903a3

I see a couple different upper band screws for a 1903a3 I am building. One has the threads on the end, and the other is more like a pin on the end, with threads under the head. Does it matter which of these you get? Do they mate to a specific band?

Thanks
    Justin

Cadet
    Yes, the screws threaded near the head are a larger diameter for the forged 03 bands.

The thinner one threaded at the opposite end of the head are a smaller diameter and are made for the stamped bands that came on 03-A3's. They will not interchange.

Listed both as the band assemblies will interchange on either 03's or 03A3's. HTH.

Patriot
    Thank you sir. On the stamped bands the screw install from the right of the rifle correct? Numrich's parts diagram seem to state the opposite.

Cadet
    I looked at mine last night, didn't notice that aspect.

I looked at the Numrich breakdown, it appears that the band and screw are shown backwards in the photo. So it would be the way you mentioned.

Glad to help, 30cal.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Thank you sir. On the stamped bands the screw install from the right of the rifle correct? Numrich's parts diagram seem to state the opposite.
    Generally speaking, all USGI screws and pins install from the right side (bolt side).
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    That was my general understanding as well.

Thanks
    Justin

Patriot
    I got my replacement screw today, Any trick to lining these up? I feed it through the stock hole and it's off a bit, not right or left so I can't adjust it by moving the band it hits the other side of the band about 1/16" low, I can't get it to line up. Any problem if I drill the stock hole out a bit?

Thanks
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    I got my replacement screw today, Any trick to lining these up? I feed it through the stock hole and it's off a bit, not right or left so I can't adjust it by moving the band it hits the other side of the band about 1/16" low, I can't get it to line up. Any problem if I drill the stock hole out a bit?

Thanks
    Justin
    If you can't rotate the band on the stock to get that 1/16", then you have to clean out the hole through the stock.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Patriot
    Thanks, took a bit more drilling than I would have liked, but she's on and tight.

Thanks
    Justin