Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintaining a Parkerized finish on Military Rifles

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Mack, it's amazing how the bottom fell out of the orest's manbutter market. I can't even give the stuff away.
    Aw, Man, I feel for you after you went to all that trouble to get the product and process and package it....I wonder how it would work on a rifle trigger? Or perhaps you can market it for weight loss... Anyway, glad it did not beat you after you were banned? OG.

Quote Originally Posted by smc51 View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen, this is an epiphany to me, as I have never Oiled or Greased a Military Parkerized rifle. I had no Idea that this is a part of the cleaning process.

I guess an Old Dog can indeed learn new tricks........LOL.

Thank you all for your input!

Steve

Its no different than caring any for any other firearm
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

If you put green-colored grease ( available at lubricating supply houses) on freshly parkerized metal, it will turn a nice shade of green eventually. If you put it on while the metal is still hot, it works right faster.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonshooter View Post
    the cmp faithful are fickle. Since he can no longer influence them getting a pristine rifle he is no longer getting the rimming they gave when he was in charge and you are therefore stuck with all the man butter you worked hard to acquire with no buyers now. I guess you could always find a way to make it into facial cream for the ladies.
    Mack
    this is funny..agreed