Thread: Deep thought on the Walking Dead.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Deep thought on the Walking Dead.

I was just sitting here thinking that everyone is a carrier of the reanimation virus,and upon death turns,so why would a non fatal bite cause them to turn?In essence,they are already a potential walker,just needing death to transform,so why would a bite that transfers the virus matter...right?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

It could be like a cold sore virus .... hangs out in your spinal column and only really expresses itself when your body realizes it's dying. BUT touching / kissing someone with a cold sore can cause you to express one as well.

So basically it's Zombie Herpes.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Founding Member
    I thought the bite also caused a massive infection that killed you.

I thought it was sepsis that was the bite-kill mechanism, too. Makes, sense, lots of rotting tissue, full of pathogens, gets injected into soft tissue and the bloodstream via a bite or deep scratch.