Thread: Inland manufacturing m1 carbines (new)

Inland manufacturing m1 carbines (new)

Looks like M1 Carbine fans are feeling the love.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/inla...irth-old-name/

Excerpt:
    History buffs and reenactors take note–Inland Manufacturing has announced the launch of their new incarnation of the old M1 Carbine line. That is right, I said Inland. But this is not the former division of General Motors that is known for its war time production of American arms. This is a new company with new production firearms.

Inland will be making two models: a straight stocked and a paratrooper with a folding stock. The two carbines are outfitted like the late war models with adjustable sights, push button safety and the mag catch that supports the 30 round magazines. The Paratrooper has the correct barrel band without the bayonet lug. The standard model has the later style with the lug. We recently had the chance to see both models side-by-side with original Inlands, and we had to get in close to tell the difference.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Very nice Centurion. I had a Saginaw and an IBM I had to sell about 5 years ago and that brought back memories.
    Thanks for wrecking my night.
    Respects, Pedro.

Junior Cadet
    MSRP is $1000. What do you think they'll be selling for? Everything sells for less than MSRP don't it?

If the MSRP is $1000 then the FFL cost is going to be around $700. 30% markup is the norm. So then can show up at cost plus markup. Hope that helps.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Junior Cadet
    Just remember the average price for a rebuilt original Inland is around $800. I would rather have an original then a new untested reproduction. And if they are anything like the parent company then quality control will be spotty at best.

Founding Member
    The cost of originals was just too high for me..the newer models had the micro-gooved barrel, looks about like 8 to 10 lands.

Junior Cadet
    If the dealer selling price is going to be abut the same as an original Inland even if rebuilt then it's not much of a deal when for the same money one can have the real deal.

Junior Cadet

Inland manufacturing m1 carbines new

Hello everyone, just would like to introduce myself, Im the new guy.

Im located in the Inland Empire and just got a roller from an acquaintance. Looking forward to slowly building it.

Is there anything else Im suppose to say or do???

Hi Kam, today you are from southern kalifornia, your info says panama, and your ip address is in amsterdam-today that is. The other day you were in indonesia. You must have an interesting job traveling so much.
    Good luck with your roller build.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I am also interested in a roller build. I could not find info on roller builds on the Shuff’s website. Can you share some info? Where do I begin?
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10