Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My IHC Arrives Tomorrow

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I still don't have an IHC,but I think finishing My M1C is top priority right now.Looks good though!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Why don't you just email them back and tell them that the oprod is jumping out of the track then?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    I got a Service Grade mail order 2 weeks ago, I was not really thrilled either. Stock was sound no cracks, but a ton of dings (it's hanging in my basement now being refinished). No finish on gas lock or plug, no finish on oprod track, and you guys saw my trigger housing.....

Oprod jumped out of the track while cycling the action.

This was the measurments:
    tab thickness : .0925
    Tab Height: .314
    Piston Diameter: .524
    Tab Hang: .055

I emailed CMP about the oprod, they told me if it jumps while shooting they'd swap if for another SG oprod. Heck with that. It's going to CMW tomorrow for a new tab. Gas System is going to Tony G to be refinished, and once that's all back it'll be going to Tim for a repark and new piston. TE was 3+ and ME 1+. I don't have a gauge so I can't check that...

Seems like that $700 was alot... In the end I think I'll have in it what I spent building my HRA which is mostly NOS parts, new walnut, new Criterion Barrel.

Justin
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Patriot
    I may, but I don't know if I want another 'Service' Grade one of just want to retab it and call it a day. We'll see.

You might save yourself 100 bucks or so
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    I still don't have an IHC,but I think finishing My M1C is top priority right now.Looks good though!
    FYI. I have a IHC. A very sweet one. Timmy poos personal one!!!!!!! And I love it. Everything matches includes ihc wood!!! Thanks timmy boy!!! Peace toolman

I love that rifle. And if you decide that you don't want it, I would be prepared to buy it from you fir $1100. And then we would arrange to have it legally exported here by way of a licensed exporter.

But were I you, I would keep the rifle. In ten years you will be happy that you did

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheCat View Post
    I love that rifle. And if you decide that you don't want it, I would be prepared to buy it from you fir $1100. And then we would arrange to have it legally exported here by way of a licensed exporter.

But were I you, I would keep the rifle. In ten years you will be happy that you did
    Ok I will keep it. Peace toolman