Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Prayer For Tomorrows Election

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Can we really throw away reid???!!!!!!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

And a lot of key governorships, including in some otherwise solidly blue states (MA, MD)

Prayers answered, Looks like there will be at least 54 R Senators.

It's about time for some good news.
    I'm real happy.
    Pedro.

Patriot
    Wisconsin---VICTORY! The Obama's visited here a couple of times as did Bill Clinton---that sure backfired. Within less than 1 1/2 hour of poll closings (think inner core of Milwaukee was still voting) Scott Walker was declared winners. That's three elections for him in 4 years---the Dem-Libs still have not learned their lesson. The sweetest part is the unions went all out to defeat Walker and spent lots of money and LOST. Walker's not perfect....but I do enjoy watching him kick Dem-Lib ass!

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Prayers answered, Looks like there will be at least 54 R Senators.

Yes good news. Now they NEED to accomplish something. AND...no passing the olive branch as far as I'm concerned.

Junior Cadet
    Honestly, Reid got thrown away...great. But McConnell as majority leader is not any better. He's part of the "old guard" problem that has screwed politics in this country up. We need real leadership who actually try to deliver on promises to restore this country to greatness. Not talking heads who campaign on items of importance and then forget their mandate.

Guys, while this all looks good on the surface and everyone seems to feel good about a red map, none of this does anything to save us from the impending collapse. In fact, it may very well accelerate it. The damage that has been done is not correctable. The dollar WILL fail. For anyone with an IRA, a 401K, pension, etc - you are SCREWED. Not just "I may not get what I thought I would out of it". SCREWED, as in "ZERO". If your money is in, well, money, kiss it goodbye. The only thing that CAN be done right now is to shut off the flow of fake money (which they did last week). I can guarantee they did that thinking it would ward off another credit rating drop. Interest rate are going to rise. The real inflation that we have been experiencing for the last 10 years will finally be recognized - and it will get worse. I can go on all day, but Tuesday solved nothing. It just made a bunch of people feel better for a short while
    [SIGPIC]

So what is a good strategy against inflation - purchasing gold and precious metals?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    So what is a good strategy against inflation - purchasing gold and precious metals?
    All Precious metals. Gold, Silver, but especially Copper, Lead, and Brass.

I'm not an expert, but in all seriousness, Gold and Silver are not an investment but a value store. An ounce of Gold in the 1920s would buy you two nice suits, about the same today. There are of course short term spikes and valleys, you could ride, but in general your not going to make money on it, but preserve your wealth. They should provide protection from inflation.

God Forbid but in an end of the world situation, I think guns, ammo, food, water, and medical supplies will be the real currency.

Justin
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 11-06-2014 at 01:16 PM.