Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Damn...reference the New Garand classes..

Founding Member

Hot Damn...reference the New Garand classes..

Myself, I just built my first complete garand and it did not cost me any digits, and it shoots great..Thanks to a lot of really nice men, whom love this sport..? I was totally blown away by the Demand for more CMP classes on building a rifle...But the cost was very nice, and you built a new in spec Garand to be proud of..I really did not expect the new Ceo to take sudden action of as follows:::Price increase for the classes.. It seems it burned a lot of time to have the class.. I don't know if it sets back the gun repair section, but would bet it does?? Mark, just said, that..he was looking at the prices of the Specials?? Now it is time to get the popcorn, ya might notice I am not going to get into this fracus as some of those CMP boys have sharp teeth, or their false teeth are made of Titanium...Anyway..OG-- out.

Did you take the class, OG? I don't get it. It's THREE DAYS!! what the heck do they do for THREE DAYS???? You can learn everything you need to assemble a garand in about 30 minutes then, MAYBE, another 30 minutes to actually assemble it.
    [SIGPIC]

There are a lot of mechanically challenged people on the cmp forum. They might benefit from taking that class.
    Some other guys will just want an excuse to go to cmp.
    This guy has a good post about his time at the cmp class. Looks like they spent a lot of time touring the warehouse and
    other buildings instead of putting a rifle together.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=944059

If you total in the price of the class, hotels, meals, air-fare or gasoline, if you drive, you're talking about spending $2300.00 -$3000.00
    for a $1000.00 rifle. Definitely not worth it to me.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    If you total in the price of the class, hotels, meals, air-fare or gasoline, if you drive, you're talking about spending $2300.00 -$3000.00
    for a $1000.00 rifle. Definitely not worth it to me.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. WHY?????
    [SIGPIC]

Patriot
    I can tear them apart and reassemble them fine, I want to learn to install and head space barrels. I just haven't spent the coin on an action wrench and barrel vice yet.. I'm sure at some point I will then we'll see if I can wreck a barrel or two..

Patriot
    Took a look at the calguns link....One thing for sure....CMP appears to have spared no expense in running a showcase operation. Man...they must have massive overhead! The CMP has a unique business model but it's got to take mucho pesos to feed the beast.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    it's got to take mucho pesos to feed the beast.
    Ah you mean, 'Donations' right?

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Ah you mean, 'Donations' right?

"donations"....Yeah I guess. Same value as Boy/Girl Scout stuff....Two bucks worth of cookies or popcorn for a $10. donation. Ratio for the class built rifle is about the same most probably.

Patriot
    lol.. Yeah but those samoas are DAMMMNNNN GOOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. WHY?????
    Because it's the CMP. We all know that they could sell flaming paper bags of dogshit and people would buy them. This is just a new bag of shit. When all those who want to take the class have taken the class the CMP will invent a new bag of flaming dogshit for them to buy.

I'm surprised they haven't auctioned off O's chair yet. You know there is some twisted individual that'll buy that for a few grand.
    !