Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Damn...reference the New Garand classes..

Founding Member

Three days??

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Because it's the CMP. We all know that they could sell flaming paper bags of dogshit and people would buy them. This is just a new bag of shit. When all those who want to take the class have taken the class the CMP will invent a new bag of flaming dogshit for them to buy.

I'm surprised they haven't auctioned off O's chair yet. You know there is some twisted individual that'll buy that for a few grand.
    Okay, I had forgotten about it being three days?? Maybe worth is for some, but not this ole boy..What I want is to CON a tour of the facilities..big O was doing that for a privilaged few, I want That TOUR,if i drive down again..not really likely on either side, as now I am about stocked up on the M-1 rifles..need to give CC a break..Og.

so, does that mean Sean that you'll come out and help me put together a garand?

Quote Originally Posted by cwcdl79 View Post
    so, does that mean Sean that you'll come out and help me put together a garand?

I don't know about that but, if you come here, I'll help you put together one. All you need is 12 minutes and a quality IPA for after.

IPA? What exactly is that?
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

India Pale Ale. A over the top hoppy flavored beer.
    !

So wait ... bring the Mini-G master good beer and he will teach the secrets of the Garand universe ??

That's WAY better than a $3000 Garand.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

You drink a lot of Bell's Shuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    You drink a lot of Bell's Shuff?
    I pretty much like all IPA's except standard Sierra Nevada. I do very much like the Sierra Nevada Torpedo though. Other top hits are Crooked tree and Double crooked tree from Dark Horse. Bell's Oberon is great but not a IPA as far as I know.

Back on track, putting together a Garand is pretty quickly taught. Then you have the individual parts to specialize in;
    Stock fitting
    Accurizing including unitizing, gas cylinder mods, stock mods
    barrel install
    trigger work
    timing
    The every common, getting to be more so, 7th round stoppage
    Diagnosis
    You can make this take forever if you break stuff down even more. I guess you could spend 25 minutes musing over the correct install and height of the front sight if you really want to put a man on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    So wait ... bring the Mini-G master good beer and he will teach the secrets of the Garand universe ??

That's WAY better than a $3000 Garand.

Please, never insinuate that any of us are masters. I know you're joking but that feeling of superiority just smacks me in the head like obama worship by the left We are just normal dudes who drink beer, like freedom, enjoy firearms, and hate despots

Patriot
    Accurizing? As long as it's MOT (Minute of Tyrant) it's good enough for me.... But I will bring a case of the Local IPA if we cover barrel installs.

BUT it won't be the same since there is no tour of the warehouse to see crates of unsorted Mini-Gs. AND I will defiantly miss the mandatory trip through the gift shop so I can buy last years Camp Perry T-Shirt at full price.

Justin
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 11-26-2014 at 10:20 AM.