Thread: trigger problem

Junior Cadet

trigger problem

I removed trigger now I can not latch the trigger back down its hanging up and will not move all the way down.need some help.................

A BMF rubber mallet will solve your problem.
    Jon

Patriot
    Yep, it's supposed to be tight. How close does it come by hand, 1/2-5/8" from closing is not uncommon. If your in that range, just mallet it shut... More than that you might need some fitting. You can also grease the lugs on the Trigger group, sometimes that helps too...

Patriot
    How the factory did it...

final_check_up_of_garands.jpg

I had a similar 'problem'. The big mallet advice worked for locking my trigger group into place.

I here this a lot and the same advice is usually given, that advice is correct most of the time. I like my trigger guards to come within about 3/4" before they are hard to close, 1" max. If you have a guard that is hard to close at 1" or more, there are risks. Ever broken a rear leg trigger guard lug off? I have on my 35 Whelen. I've even had them come off when the trigger guard was within the 3/4" spec during shipping. In the case of shipping, other things were broke too but it still makes you wonder.

The rear leg's were annealed in some cases and I have to believe that this happened to prevent those tabs from breaking off. I also believe that there are receivers where an annealing was needed but it didn't happen. Long and short of it is I don't like tempting fate with really hard trigger guard lock ups.

Founding Member
    Tim, that sounds like maybe you had the same shipper handler as mine..My cmp case was broken thru from the outside of the cardboard. I did not find any damage to the rifle, but the trigger guard was open too? OG.