Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Over the TOP!!!!!!!

Founding Member

Cool Ruger Over the TOP!!!!!!!

Bought a LCS9 a few months ago. I shot about 1300 rounds threw it. Broke it down and cleaned. Reassembled and slide stuck open. Wouldn't budge at all!!! So took it back to dealer he sent it back to ruger. Within 6 days back in tooldaddys hands. I didn't pay anything at all. Works like a new one again. ( replaced magazine latch,guide rod assembly,slide stop spring!!! ) Also sent me a ruger cleaning cloth. And thanked me for my support!! Peace toolman

Patriot
    Cool. Glad to hear they took care of you. I own several of their firearms, including a LCP which I carry a lot. Never had a problem that wasn't ammo related. Glad to hear their CS is upto par if I need it.

Justin

Founding Member
    Ruger,, Same here, I own a few...Never any trouble, until I took the mark 2 .22 target pistol apart..the Recoil spring holder can go in three places??They should put the proper location in their literature..Yeap it took ALL Three trys to get it to fire again... Mental note To- self, Don't remove it with out a Photo first..Haven't shot it in years..

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Don't remove it with out a Photo first...
    That's good advice for just about anything....

Did Ruger leave ct yet?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Did Ruger leave ct yet?
    I believe I read they,Ruger, were Bailing out, something about their tans, err excuse, their bans...or additional taxes..

Glad to hear they took care of you. I have a few Rugers in the revolver department, they are TANKS.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Glad to hear they took care of you. I have a few Rugers in the revolver department, they are TANKS.
    Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving...I had ignored my Redhawk, that thing is awesome with the 16 inch ball of fire out the short barrel..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving...I had ignored my Redhawk, that thing is awesome with the 16 inch ball of fire out the short barrel..
    So I'll share this one fun anecdote.

I'm at the range with my hand cannon (SRH 454, 7.5" barrel) .... my and my buddy (also a masochist with a 454) are testing out the new 405gr load we worked up to ~1150 fps (I'm sure it was hot but we were having too much fun with it). Two bays down there is a father and son [maybe 7-8 years old] shooting .22's. We made sure we went disturbing much [be polite], but we were still shooting the loudest things on the range.

So BLAM BLAM ... ad nauseum right?

The little kid is behind us rooted to the spot entranced. A lul comes up where everything is relatively quiet.
    And the little kid runs up to his father "Daddy, daddy, that man's gun is shooting FIRE!!!" "Can we get one??"

Kinda funny and a little heartwarming all at once.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    So I'll share this one fun anecdote.

I'm at the range with my hand cannon (SRH 454, 7.5" barrel) .... my and my buddy (also a masochist with a 454) are testing out the new 405gr load we worked up to ~1150 fps (I'm sure it was hot but we were having too much fun with it). Two bays down there is a father and son [maybe 7-8 years old] shooting .22's. We made sure we went disturbing much [be polite], but we were still shooting the loudest things on the range.

So BLAM BLAM ... ad nauseum right?

The little kid is behind us rooted to the spot entranced. A lul comes up where everything is relatively quiet.
    And the little kid runs up to his father "Daddy, daddy, that man's gun is shooting FIRE!!!" "Can we get one??"

Kinda funny and a little heartwarming all at once.
    Excellant, I love to see the fireballs, usually about 30 mins of sundown...I have watched a few .454's shoot..Of course you are not using burst resistant powder, are you..?? Og.