Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who needs a stinking battle rifle?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Nice catch

Now you just need to make some egg-nog battered back strap and you're good to go for all winter.
    sounds scrumptious....lol
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member

Batter

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    sounds scrumptious....lol
    Ah, Yes , the eggnog batter?? Does sound delightful, too bad i don't have a train ticket..I would like to partake in that..I could bring some Gator meat up for that deep frying too>, My son gets them,gators, not me..uses Hanmade-harpoon and 20 guage..

That's it? This beast gives itself up to you, offers itself for your gratification and you can't make up a proper story about the prowess of this fine animal? You sending kill pictures to jane fonda?

Great buck!

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    That's it? This beast gives itself up to you, offers itself for your gratification and you can't make up a proper story about the prowess of this fine animal? You sending kill pictures to jane fonda?

Great buck!
    He was coming right for me...sort of.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I actually was charged by a wounded mule deer once. true story. we were only a few feet away when I shot him from the hip to put him down. Wish we had video of that.
    [SIGPIC]

Seriously, give me what I need!

Seriously, give me what I need!
    I will tell you this,I've never hunted so hard for a Buck in my life all throughout the season,and since I can't walk very well anymore it was more difficult.I was pretty excited to use the M1C I had rebuilt and rebarreled a week ago for the task.

When the Buck ran back to me he was behind a juniper tree,and ALL I could see when he stopped was his front shoulders through the one hole in the thick foliage,and when He ran off,he didn't leave any blood trail,but I knew he was hit good.I walked around the area looking and when I was starting to question the hit I found a steep creek bed,and noticed some old metal containers under the trees in the creek bed and then seen a Mule Deer colored mass,He had run 50 yards and fell down into the creek bed and died and landed under the tree.

I believe the whole hunt was divinely guided.The end.
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 11-26-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Much better. For future reference it is appropriate to start all hunting stories with "there I was".

Much better. For future reference it is appropriate to start all hunting stories with "there I was".
    still not as good as our Saturday morning kill
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    still not as good as our Saturday morning kill

Our story is better but the Prince has a better result.