Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New leadership/new price increase

Founding Member

New leadership/new price increase

I just received the "Sales Newsletter".

Tucked away at the bottom is this little gem:

GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW. To lock in current pricing, get your orders in now. Our customers will see a price increase on rifles and ammunition in early January 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    I just received the "Sales Newsletter".

Tucked away at the bottom is this little gem:

GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW. To lock in current pricing, get your orders in now. Our customers will see a price increase on rifles and ammunition in early January 2015.
    The sales must be slowing down. A way CMP can increase sales and workload is to announce a price increase. Now there will be a mad rush as people get their orders in and create a backlog of work for the next 4-6 months.

Also, every price increase makes my collection worth more too.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post

Also, every price increase makes my collection worth more too.
    Yup , LetCMP jack those prices up and sell out of Garands soon. I need to sell some rifles at top dollar , my daughter is getting married
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

What are we thinking in regards to how much of a price increase? I am thinking no more than $50.

I saw it, too - they're striking while the iron is hot, aren't they? No more choice of manufacturers, price increase after price increase, decrease in quality. You'd think they have a monopoly or something!

Eli

I am laughing my butt off at all the "well, I'm out. no more for me" azzhats. The SAME users were on there a year ago for the last increase and said the exact same thing, yet here they still are. It's almost as entertaining as watching a certain regular poster declare "I'm done with this forum. it's gone to crap" every six months and running back a few weeks later. LOL
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    The sales must be slowing down. A way CMP can increase sales and workload is to announce a price increase. Now there will be a mad rush as people get their orders in and create a backlog of work for the next 4-6 months.
    here's the strategy:

1) put this out now forcing people to mad-rush orders in before christmas. This will strip cash from pockets that would otherwise not be buying cmp stuff this time of year, which will also throw a short term boost in workload at them for the holiday season AND a small, quick inlfux of revenue for holiday bonuses.

2) cmp has no desire to sell all its inventory and maximize its profits. cmp's goal is to KEEP the CMP, to keep their jobs, more precisely. raise prices, SLOW sales some long term, and justify your existence. This way they can continue to draw federal grant money at the taxpayer's expense (what, you thought that field grade only cost you $595??? fool). The first rule of any bureaucracy: MAINTAIN the bureaucracy.
    [SIGPIC]

Frankly, I don't care how much the cmp raises its prices because I'm done buying from them. No more chances of pumpkin wood for me.
    Jon

arent higher prices what the typical CMP poster says they want? I'm so confused.
    !

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Frankly, I don't care how much the cmp raises its prices because I'm done buying from them. No more chances of pumpkin wood for me.
    Jon
    Jon, I guess, That applies to me too..I still like to read CMP forums, and visit, But the lottery odds are piling up. Plus the grading system has slipped, or maybe the rifles are just all worn out..Any way The new CEO, fire away, Like so many others, It makes Me feel My rifles are going up in value..