Thread: Bayonets with Muzzle Brakes (Garand)

Bayonets with Muzzle Brakes (Garand)

Has anyone had any luck in finding a compatible bayonet while having a BM59 or other muzzle brake attached to a Garand?

Also is anyone else interested in these? Would you buy a bayonet for your Garand if it could be made to fit with a muzzle brake attached?

Just a thought (use case)

Mini-G + 10 or 16" bayonet ... one seriously wicked pig stopper in the brush. [And if you've been rushed by a boar you know you want SOMETHING]
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

I found 2 of them at the Allentown gun show and didn't buy them. $50 apiece. I'm famous for passing up good deals.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member

Example?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I found 2 of them at the Allentown gun show and didn't buy them. $50 apiece. I'm famous for passing up good deals.
    How about a couple photos of one of these? I would not know one if I saw it? OG.

Bingo-A trip to Shuffs for a re-park and you're golden.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITALIAN-ARMY...item5b091ed1b9
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Bingo-A trip to Shuffs for a re-park and you're golden.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITALIAN-ARMY...item5b091ed1b9
    The above bayonet will only work with a BM59 that has a drop down gas cylinder. If you have a Garand gas cylinder, you are going to need an old style BM59E bayonet. The BM59E uses a Garand gas cylinder with muzzle brake. Here's a picture of what you need. It's an original Garand bayonet modified with a different guard and enlarged ring to accept the muzzle brake.

Old style BM59E .... why do I get the impression that those bayonets will insanely expensive when I find one?
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*

I just stuck my M5 on my BM59E front end, fit fine - bit it isn't a 10" pig sticker!

Eli

Founding Member

Bm59e Pig-stickers

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I just stuck my M5 on my BM59E front end, fit fine - bit it isn't a 10" pig sticker!

Eli
    Okay, looks to be several options, I will need to get it[garand] out and study it a spell.. I just bought a new Fr-8 version, I noted the huge ring for the Hk flashhider, so that might open another angle? Really not sure if i want to try to fab up another ring, but hey, I have an old korean 8-9in. version too, so I'll play with it first? Before i shell out over $60.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Eli
    That MIGHT work. How does an M5 affect a variable gas port?
    The Maxims ....

Cadet
    Reviving an old thread, but wanted to add my find. I have an old Blue Sky take off barrel and a spare BM59E muzzle brake that I carry through gun shows to trial fit bayonets. I know that I could use a M5, but I’m running a Schuster adjustable gas plug and the stud doesn’t ‘dock’ well. Anyway, I finally found one, it’s a little rough, but will suffice to use on my 35 Whelen build.A224972A-37AC-4466-B173-B0D299BD3888.jpg