Thread: Target scoring question.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Target scoring question.

I know that this is a terrible group,but was was wondering how someone scores a target?It would have been under 3 inches had it not been for the 2 flyers. I had 2 sets of holes that were made by 2 rnds.This was 8 rnds at 100 yrds,and I had to work the M1 like a bolt action.Any help would be appreciated......laugh away,but I'll admit I'm a terrible shot!

Photobucket
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    2Xs,2 9s,2 8s and 2 7s. Looks like you might have used the sights for some of those shots. a 68 out of a possible 80 is not bad at all at 100 yds. The rifle groups well enough to safely use for hunting as all of the shots could prove fatal to Bambi. I think you might be able to tighten the groups if you use a tight sling as your shots are going from 6 to twelve o clock and not to bad from 3 to 9. And you are not a bad shot as you appear to be using your sights, a little coaching and I'll bet you would improve your groups and shrink them down a bit.
    Mix
    Last edited by mixmaster; 06-15-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips Mixi,I need to go from Hunter to Target shooter just for Shuff's Postal event.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)