Thread: 03-A3 rebuild report

03-A3 rebuild report

I obtained a basket case smith corona last year ( mismatched parts some external rust in spots chopped up stock) and finally assembled it last week. The only incorrect part currently is the trigger guard is Remington. Headspace a commercial controls bolt dropped right in no problem. I am not the greatest rifle shot and it amazed me. I frequently find many older military rifles tend to shoot high so was delighted it was pretty close to dead on for elevation at the 100 yard setting ( sadly my range only goes to 100) and a click of windage from dead center gave me nice two inch groups with hxp and my ball reloads. Do not think I could ask for more out of such a rifle. Looking forward to shooting in less than sub freezing weather !

I am a major fan of the bolt guns. I really enjoy my 03-A4 clone.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    MajorD what gun range are you shooting at?

Blasdell rod and gun club

Patriot
    Thanks sir, I thought you may have been shooting at East Aurora, I know a few guys over there, and have shot the CMP shoots there in the past. I am a member at Grand Island R&G. We can shoot out to 225, but it's one range and you setup the movable benches at what distance you want, it works ok, but if your not the first there, you have to wait until the others finish or shoot at their distance. With 800+ members it's tough to find a time when there won't be someone there.

Take Care,
    Justin