Thread: Aimpoint H-1 on mini-g

Cadet

Aimpoint H-1 on mini-g

Does anyone know if the ultimack rail with an Aimpoint H-1,will co witness with the front and rear sights on the mini-g. Thinking about having Schuff install one of these on my build, if I can't get a true co witness I won't do it. Thanks

I have no idea. People don't send the outfits they are going to use when they get these done.

Junior Cadet
    I was going to run one of those, but after I for my Mini G i changed my mind. The rifle points so nice I just picked up a hi vis front sight blade off e-bay. Don't buy anything until you take you G out to play. I would think you need a very low mount for a co-witness with the T1 or H1.

Cadet
    Thanks for the info, I am having Tim put on a drop down gas cylinder and brake, in case I want to try and run the H-1, I will try the G first in stock form.

Junior Cadet
    I have co-witness with a Mini-G / Ultimak rail using a red dot "Primary Arms Micro Dot With Fixed Base MD-FBGII"

From the Ultimak website (http://ultimak.com/M12.htm)
    "The bottom photo shows an Aimpoint Micro T1... This is a co witnessing arrangement"

I plan to upgrade to an Aimpoint T-1/H-1 with a QR low mount in the future (Larue or Bobro).
    I bought the PA red dot as a verification of concept. So far so good.

Cadet
    Thanks for the info.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Todd View Post
    I have co-witness with a Mini-G / Ultimak rail using a red dot "Primary Arms Micro Dot With Fixed Base MD-FBGII"

From the Ultimak website (http://ultimak.com/M12.htm)
    "The bottom photo shows an Aimpoint Micro T1... This is a co witnessing arrangement"

I plan to upgrade to an Aimpoint T-1/H-1 with a QR low mount in the future (Larue or Bobro).
    I bought the PA red dot as a verification of concept. So far so good.
    How's that working out for you? Cheek weld similar to the irons? I'm considering this concept as well with PA red dot in a scout configuration.

Junior Cadet
    I have a Mini-G with an Ultimak & an Aimpoint Micro T1 4moa with a Larue QD mount. It co-witnesses just fine. The cheek weld can be just like it is with the irons, or you can raise your head a little higher. Or have it off the stock completely. The biggest problem with this set up is resisting the urge to yell "PULL!!!" when you bring the thing up to your shoulder. I keep thinking if I could find a place with a safe enough backstop, this would make a great pheasant gun

Actually you can play around with it a bit. For instance you could have the dot sitting right on top of the front post, or have the dot on the front post where the top of the dot is about even with the top of the front post, or sitting a little higher or lower. That way you could have your irons set to one point of aim, while the dot is at another. That'd be useful for running 2 different loads that have a different point of impact (say 150 grainers versus 172 grainers) or for using the dot for the close stuff (like under 100 yards) but using the irons for longer range work (having the irons set at a 300 or even 600 yard zero).

With dots though, cheek weld is not that big of an issue. As long as you can see the dot on the target then where you have your head is more a matter of comfort & convenience.

Garand0815 003 edit1.jpg