Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Mini-G

Tim et al,

Do you guys have a suggestion on where to start for a Mini-G load? Should I just start with what we load for a garand?
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Patriot
    I like to clone M2 ball loads for my G. I hoard M2 for when the Dems succeed in destroying this great nation, and I want my POI to be the same on my stash ammo as my practice ammo.

But if your primary purpose is hunting I'm sure your needs will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    I like to clone M2 ball loads for my G. I hoard M2 for when the Dems succeed in destroying this great nation, and I want my POI to be the same on my stash ammo as my practice ammo.

But if your primary purpose is hunting I'm sure your needs will be different.
    My primary purpose is center mass at 200 yards in the smallest group possible. I just bought a starter RCBS reloading kit and I'm going to load enough ammunition to make it worth my while. If for some reason the government comes to the state at which you describe, my marksmanship skills will mean much more than the difference between my hand loads and my greek surplus
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Patriot
    No doubt sir.

I'm sure if someone spent the time and research they could work out a load that was optimized for the shorter barrel. With the perfect powder burn rate to utilize all the powder right before the round exits the barrel, giving you the fastest projectile possible and flattest trajectory, but that man is not me.

So I just keep it simple and copy milsurp rounds for the most part.

I do like 125gr Hornady SSTs in my 308 Mag Fed G. They allow me to eek out a bit more velocity. Atleast on paper. How much in real life I can't tell you yet, Santa didn't bring me the chronograph I asked for...

Justin

My Mini-G, in 30/06, likes heavy grain bullets with higher velocity. I don't know why this is but that's what mine likes.