Thread: Looking for a flat top .450 complete bushmaster upper.

Looking for a flat top .450 complete bushmaster upper.

Going to use it to hunt at my house next year, MI made straight walled cartridges legal under a certain length and the .450 makes it. What I'm looking for is a .450 Bushmaster caliber upper, flat top, no brake (if I can only go that way so be it), chrome moly barrel in black, 16" barrel, half length guard floating barrel.

I've been looking for a few weeks and haven't been able to find squat. Everything seems to be sold out. Not long ago PSA had them for about $500.

Patriot
    Does 50 beowulf make the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Does 50 beowulf make the cut?
    Yes Sir it does. I'm just liking the .450 a bit more for my 300 yard shots.

For 2014 they have modified the rifle restriction and are now calling it the "Limited Firearm Deer Zone". Rifles are Ok in this zone, but only if they are:

• 35cal. or larger
    • straight wall cartridges with a minimum case length of 1.16" and maximum case length of 1.80"
    • air rifles of 35cal or larger using external high-compression sources.

Patriot
    Sounds like fun, Everywhere I looked they were out of stock. Even gunbroker didn't have much.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Yes Sir it does. I'm just liking the .450 a bit more for my 300 yard shots.

For 2014 they have modified the rifle restriction and are now calling it the "Limited Firearm Deer Zone". Rifles are Ok in this zone, but only if they are:

• 35cal. or larger
    • straight wall cartridges with a minimum case length of 1.16" and maximum case length of 1.80"
    • air rifles of 35cal or larger using external high-compression sources.
    Hey. I like the idea of the high compression Air Rifle, some of those things are Quite potent..>Palmetta just had a big Upper sale a couple weeks ago, so they surely will restock?

Junior Cadet
    Have you thought about picking up a Bushmaster stripped upper while they are on sale for $49.95 (Brownell's) and building your own upper?? The AR platform is not called the "Leggo Blocks" of the firearm world for nothing...LOL.......(PS I think Palmetto has the 450 bolts available, also on sale)

I've fired the .450BM and like it. @ 200 yards it was plenty accurate to hunt with and I wouldn't worry about a 300 yard shot.

The .50 Beowulf I have seen but not fired. The person firing it isn't known for being a great shooter so I couldn't say anything for it's accuracy.

How about the .50-70 Govt? Get an old Trapdoor Springfield and do it old-school style.
    !

Just ordered this today .... not a 450 Bushmaster but it's actually pretty interesting.

358 MGP

Uses the 6.8 SPC wildcat brass and is .358

Getting 2815fps with a 9mm 115gr RN and 2400+ with a 200 gr hunting bullet. Not bad for an AR platform 16" barrel.

From Left to Right :
    9mm 115gr FMJ , 9mm Hornady 115gr XTP , .357" Barnes 140gr XPB , .358" Barnes 180gr TTSX , .357" Cast 200gr GC , .358" Hornady 200gr FTX , .358" Speer 250gr Hot-Cor.

http://www.mgpcustoms.com/358_MGP.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Also, check out the 375 Reaper as a possible other. Wildcat but using a cut down 308 piece of brass and a .375 bullet.

The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'