Thread: M16A1 Furniture Question

M16A1 Furniture Question

I have several M16A1 stocks and pistol grips. All the stocks have no trapdoors. Some are black with rack numbers and a few look mottled like bakelite. I also have some grips of similar construction. Are these of any special value with not trapdoor? Did they make triangle handguards with the bakelite finish?

Thanks in advance.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Junior Cadet
    retroblackrifle.com

They afre all worth something, if you ever stumble across a stock or handguard that are green or green and the painted over then you have something
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

One has a 240th Company rack number. I thought that was cool. None are green.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Heres a couple with rack numbers
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Some of the HP competition guys like the shorter A1 stocks. I hear they are great to put on kids AR's.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    I have several M16A1 stocks and pistol grips. All the stocks have no trapdoors. Some are black with rack numbers and a few look mottled like bakelite. ...... Did they make triangle handguards with the bakelite finish?

Thanks in advance.
    There was no perfect transition from the A1 to the A2. The new rifles were fielded to units in waves over months, not a 100% exchange on one single day. Reserve and National Guard units had the older rifles longer. Armorers had a mixture of replacement parts. Yes, there were A1 buttstocks with and without trap doors issued and in service at the same time as well as different grips. All the triangle hanguards I ever saw were made of fiberglass. As the finish on the fiberglass was abraded and worn off the fiberglass sheets created a mottled appearance.