Thread: This BS About the Rifle Next In Line Is Your Choice Is Plain BS

This BS About the Rifle Next In Line Is Your Choice Is Plain BS

a few months ago when CMP decided to change the options for manufacture of the rifles in both grades field and service. they said it was so people could get rifles in the hands quicker. it's still slow as it was before but now you don't have a choice on which rifle you're going to get. And when CMP mentioned they were going to do this I went on the froum and I said they should make it which ever rifle or manufacturer that comes up next in line should go to the person regardless if it was a rare /auction style rifle or if it was a Winchester or an International Harvester it should be whichever rifle comes up next in line. But if you look on the auction page it seems that they keep pulling out the nice six million
    Springfield and they still pull out the never been issued rifles and then they put them up on the auction and then all that is left are the beater rifle that might be just two grades above service grade.this is just bullshit what they're doing now I'd rather just have it go back to the way it was. you want a Springfield you get a Springfield you want H&R you get an H&R you might have to wait 1 week 2 weeks or 6 months but you get what you want. You know see you turned into a real money making company that's a shame.

hey guys I'm sorry about my grammar and my spelling please forgive me I've been living with this for all my life so don't crack on me
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 01-31-2015 at 11:15 PM.

The CMP is, indeed, now a real money making company. The salary of their management men is far more lucrative than a petty gun shop business owner who works on Garands. Have I mentioned their incredible cost of sales?

Don't be a hater!
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

They should do it way the DCM did it. You got no choice of grade or make. You got the next one in line--period.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    They should do it way the DCM did it. You got no choice of grade or make. You got the next one in line--period.
    Jon
    Jon, I agree. When I got my DCM rifle in the late 70's you had no choice. The rifle was under $200 though. The DCM was there to promote shooting sports and not collecting.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Jon, I agree. When I got my DCM rifle in the late 70's you had no choice. The rifle was under $200 though. The DCM was there to promote shooting sports and not collecting.
    Mine was $94 and change in '81. Out the door price was $121.96. Got a nice 3.7 SA rebuild with a 12-65 SA barrel and RRAD 7-66 penciled on the leg. I still have it and it's one of my best shooters. One of my buddies got a virtually new one with lock bars about a month after me.
    Jon