Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy, small problem

Junior Cadet

New guy, small problem

Hi guys

New member here

First off, please bear with me if my spelling or grammar is not perfect as English is not my first language

I have been lurking in this forum for a while and have been debating with myself whether or not I could find the funds to have Tim do some work on my M1. Problem is, once you start looking through the pictures of all the gorgeous Mini Gīs it becomes increasingly difficult to resist, and so I have decided to give in and send out my rifle for modification

I do have one small challenge to overcome though: I live in Europe- Denmark more specifically. I am slightly daunted by the process of importing the firearm into the US for modification and re-exporting it back to Denmark afterwards. At Timīs recommendation I have contacted Johnson Firearms whom apparently specialize in taking care of all the paperwork. Unfortunately they are at present not able to take on new customers due to their workload...

Do any of you have any experience with the import/export process- or know of a similar company which offer the same services?

Any advice or experience on this will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

The Dane

Patriot
    A google search found these:

http://weexportguns.com/
    http://www.gun-export.com/

I'm sure it would be easier if you didn't have to import a rifle for him to convert, maybe Tim has a completed one you can buy out right.

Justin

Junior Cadet
    Hi Justin

Thanks, I didnt have any real luck when I tried a search

It probably would be easier (and cheaper)to just buy a complete rifle from Tim, but due to the (weird) gun laws here I probably would not be able to obtain a permit for another semi auto... I could sell the M1 and apply for for a permit for a new semi auto but even that might not work out- which is the reason I want to try the import/export trick

Rune

Patriot
    Ok, Good Luck Sir!

Junior Cadet
    Thank you!

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Hi Justin

Thanks, I didnt have any real luck when I tried a search

It probably would be easier (and cheaper)to just buy a complete rifle from Tim, but due to the (weird) gun laws here I probably would not be able to obtain a permit for another semi auto... I could sell the M1 and apply for for a permit for a new semi auto but even that might not work out- which is the reason I want to try the import/export trick

Rune
    Interesting quick-sand...Import laws are very strange towards weapons....Og.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Interesting quick-sand...Import laws are very strange towards weapons....Og.
    Yeah there seem to be a lot of paperwork involved!

Our laws are stupid- I own a number of rifles yet have to apply for a permit for each new one I buy... I am lucky to even own a semi auto, permits for those things are hard to get and I know of only very few with the permissions for more than one! The weird thing is, if I were to sell my M1 and then apply for a new one the day after there is no guarantee it would be granted... And forget about owning and keeping handguns unless you can document at least 2 years as an active member of a gun club! I could go on but will only get myself all wound up so I think I will stop here

Anyway, I guess you guys hear this all the time but you really should cherish and stand up for your right to own firearms!

If this is Johnson's in Adrian, Michigan, USA: I live about 50 minutes from them and use the store often. They have always been very accommodating and as a bonus are not far from Tim. If I was you I would not give up, I'd BEG!!!! Explain your situation, offer more money for the overseas inconvenience. They are usually pretty responsive. Never hurts to beg, shed a tear on your email. Hope something works for you.

By the way your English is far better than most of the crowd that lives here.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunt67 View Post
    If this is Johnson's in Adrian, Michigan, USA: I live about 50 minutes from them and use the store often. They have always been very accommodating and as a bonus are not far from Tim. If I was you I would not give up, I'd BEG!!!! Explain your situation, offer more money for the overseas inconvenience. They are usually pretty responsive. Never hurts to beg, shed a tear on your email. Hope something works for you.

By the way your English is far better than most of the crowd that lives here.
    Ha ha- I had not thought of begging- might give that a try

From what I can gather from their website they are situated in Miami FL, although the same website pops up if I google Johnson Firearms Michigan... But it may that thatīs just where they are headquartered.

Thank you Sir!

Sorry - I was thinking of the Johnson's that is probably 30 miles from Tim. I honestly don't know if they accept overseas stuff. This is their website. Would not hurt to email them and ask.

http://www.johnsonsguns.com/