Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosin Nagants? M38-M44 rifles

Yep, a M44 kicks like a mule and launches one he!! of a fireball, (kinda like an Number 5 Enfield ;-). If you have never seen one....probably the best made M44 came from Poland, the Factory 11 M44 is a beauty (as far as Mosins go). Factoery 11 also made the WZ 48 .22 trainer that closley resembles the M44 in weight and looks....VERY simple design.

Founding Member

Sat shoot m44

Quote Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
    Yep, a M44 kicks like a mule and launches one he!! of a fireball, (kinda like an Number 5 Enfield ;-). If you have never seen one....probably the best made M44 came from Poland, the Factory 11 M44 is a beauty (as far as Mosins go). Factoery 11 also made the WZ 48 .22 trainer that closley resembles the M44 in weight and looks....VERY simple design.
    yes, I finally got to take it out back and shoot..I had romaine Silver tip and cut loose with five and my face shield on..The stock is very hard to use with any headgear on it..I laid my cheek down to get a good sighting..then I fired off 5 in rapid sucession at a target in the distance..After 10 shots, i figured i had rattled enough nerves around the woods and went in to flush the barrel and oil it..it was barely warm, but that Russian report is pretty stout..i was not able to see the flame..The action is pretty smooth, Soon I'll get some clips and see if it is easier to feed?? I would like to buy a Polish, but I am not going to spend a whole lot for another M44...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    yes, I finally got to take it out back and shoot..I had romaine Silver tip and cut loose with five and my face shield on..The stock is very hard to use with any headgear on it..I laid my cheek down to get a good sighting..then I fired off 5 in rapid sucession at a target in the distance..After 10 shots, i figured i had rattled enough nerves around the woods and went in to flush the barrel and oil it..it was barely warm, but that Russian report is pretty stout..i was not able to see the flame..The action is pretty smooth, Soon I'll get some clips and see if it is easier to feed?? I would like to buy a Polish, but I am not going to spend a whole lot for another M44...

I would offer you a nice Polish I have, but as you indicated it's not cheap. But they only made them for 5 years . It is a factor.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member
    LP. check your email, PLZ. OG...

Founding Member
    Okay, Now looking for an Deactivated sniper version, would prefer it still has the scope holes in it? I know i cannot afford the fully decked out one with the recent surge in demand for these old fencepost rifles...?

Founding Member
    Okay, I bought the Samco sniper with out the scope and mount..it is 1944 metal and a later stock. The old rifle shoots out real nice..Burned a few rounds thru the M44 too, my son is still a better shot, i was having trouble with the iron sight picture..But it was a bunch of fun..I found out that ammo does not put out the bright fireball..Less than a foot long and 8 inches around..