Thread: RRA match triggers?

Founding Member

RRA match triggers?

Okay, my research showed up on ebay..AR0093NMK... 2 stage RRA match trigger..with hammer and a small pin..79.95 is this the Golden one to make my rifle shoot so much better..Xm-15 bushmaster...Thx. OG.))

Thats a good price but its only a trigger, still have the guy pullin it.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

i purchased one a few months ago, i put about 60 rounds downrange. the improvement over the factory trigger is staggering. as i understand it the rra trigger is the budget or entry level trigger and honestly at half the price of the better ones im happy to have it.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckley94thmp View Post
    i purchased one a few months ago, i put about 60 rounds downrange. the improvement over the factory trigger is staggering. as i understand it the rra trigger is the budget or entry level trigger and honestly at half the price of the better ones im happy to have it.
    Okay, that about sums it up, I just wanted to be sure it worked well..To pay double for the better types, just is so far out of reach..the rifle works very good now, Just hate the trigger, and polishing all the parts did not help much..So now this is designed better so it should help it...decision time again..Glad I could ask and get an answer form someone who uses them....

i like mine...but that doesn't say much.

I had one in my Standard RR AR-15 . It was a big improvement over standard trigger
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

The RRA 2 stage NM trigger is a vast improvement over any stock AR trigger! 80 bucks is an amazing price too.

I had one in a Bushy lower and it always had trouble making weight. Installed it in a DPMS lower and had no trouble.
    !

Junior Cadet
    2-stage triggers are usually a HUGE improvement in trigger feel.

Trigger pull (actually, trigger torque) is a combination of the springs, plus the friction of the sears rubbing. In the M15/AR-15 design, the sear is very close to the hammer pivot, so the hammer spring has a huge mechanical advantage in loading up the sear force, so the friction is very high. That, plus the sear is far from the trigger pivot point, so the friction has a huge mechanical advantage in creating torque you have to overcome.

The 2-stage triggers move the sear much further from the hammer pivot, towards the trigger pivot, so you reduce sear loading, and you decrease the mechanical advantage of the torque. Net the friction component of the pull force is much reduced.