Thread: US&S Slide Value

Patriot

US&S Slide Value

I have a Union Switch and Signal 1911A1 Slide. It's a replacement slide used but retains about 90% original finish. I was going to use it for a build but I want Novak Sights and a lowered ejection port. I can buy a Caspian already setup for this, and it'd be cheaper than paying a smith to alter this slide. I was going to post it for sale (prob on the (ehem, cough) CMP Forums), but I have no idea to ask. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Justin

I would love to have it Justin.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Patriot
    Thanks for the reply. I threw it up on ebay starting at $.01 with a $250 reserve. I figured I'd let the free market set the value. It hit the reserve last night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Union-Switch..._qi=RTM1963929

Justin

Good for you.

My personal 1911 is a Springfield, mfg by the armory in 1916. Unfortunately it has a Type 3 Remingtonn Rand slide. At some point the pistol was customized and extended slide stops and safety were installed. I was bidding on a correct pre-WWI Springfield slide stop, I was out at $75, it sold for $127.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I threw it up on ebay starting at $.01 with a $250 reserve. I figured I'd let the free market set the value. It hit the reserve last night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Union-Switch..._qi=RTM1963929

Justin