Thread: BATFE proposal to ban M855 AR-15 ammo

Thumbs up BATFE proposal to ban M855 AR-15 ammo

batfe, ban em. Having an agency making it's own law, which it is, is not Constitutionally legal.

Patriot
    They don't care if it's legal or not. They will do whatever the hell they want until we the American people stand up and tell them enough is enough. In the meantime they will continue to ban all the arms and ammunition that they can, so when America finally does wake she'll only be armed with Sling shots and Atlatls.

Well, I created an official White House petition to abolish the BATFE. And to divvy up their regulatory authority between the FBI and the FDA. Feel free to sign it, I created it. I hate the ATF considering how they have behaved under the leftist obama administration.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gency/Psmbt3BT

Mr. Twisted, what regulatory authority? It is my opinion that only congress may regulate. Am I all wet? I don't believe that the Constitution gives congress the authority to delegate their authority.

I agree with you. Your reasoning is along the lines of a strict constructionist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution. So is mine.

Thats one of the reasons I want to see the BATFE abolished. Too much regulation. Too much government. Too much political oppression. I dont think this stuff should be regulated. I dont believe in gun control. Hell, I remember when you could buy sticks of dynamite at your local hardware store for farming purposes, such as to blow out old tree stumps. Where I live, you could buy sticks of dynamite as late as the eighties at your local hardware store.

Unfortunately, the BATFE helps make current administrative law code to dial in the specifics of firearms law. The Congress passes the broader stuff and the BATFE tweaks the broad stuff. IMO, the BATFE has long since overstepped their tweaking activities. Hence, I created this petition.

A Wisconsin GOP Congressman introduced a similar bill into the House of Representatives back in the Fall. Its called H.R. 5522 and part of it specifically states the ATF shall be abolished. Unfortunately, it did not go anywhere, such as to the other side of the legislature, the U.S. Senate.

ATF Elimination Act

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...ouse-bill/5522

Summary: H.R.5522 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)All Bill Information (Except Text)

There is one summary for this bill. Bill summaries are authored by CRS.

Shown Here:

Introduced in House (09/17/2014)

ATF Elimination Act - Rescinds the hiring authority of the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).

Requires the Director, the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to jointly develop and submit a plan for winding up the affairs of ATF that, without compromising core functions, eliminates and reduces duplicative, unnecessary functions or waste.

Requires the Director of the FBI to transmit to the Administrator of the General Services Administration (GSA) a report that specifies the property to be transferred to the FBI pursuant to this Act that the Director has determined will not be needed by the FBI.

Abolishes ATF.

Transfers ATF functions relating to the investigation and enforcement of: (1) criminal and regulatory violations of the federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, and the investigation of violent crime and domestic terrorism to the Attorney General, who shall delegate them to the FBI; and (2) criminal and regulatory violations of the federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Attorney General, who shall delegate them to the DEA.

Transfers: (1) the contracts, liabilities, records, property, and other assets and interests associated with such transferred functions to the Attorney General for appropriate allocation; and (2) personnel employed in connection with the transferred functions to the Attorney General.
    Congress.gov

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Mr. Twisted, what regulatory authority? It is my opinion that only congress may regulate. Am I all wet? I don't believe that the Constitution gives congress the authority to delegate their authority.

Founding Member
    It has been shelved NOW!!! Wonder how many people spent way to much MONEY!!!! I seen it going for $1.50 a round last Friday!! A lot of suckers out there right now!! Peace toolman

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-ban-proposal/
    Last edited by toolman; 03-10-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post

Ay agency can regulate. Only Congress can legislate
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Ay agency can regulate. Only Congress can legislate
    If that's true then the ammunition ban would have been passed by Congress and is now going to be implemented by the ATF.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau