Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CMP Carbine Bayo's

Founding Member
    Nice repair Ryan. I ordered 2 USGI scabbards from "what a country". Received a VP Co and a PWH. Worth the ~$20 each cost including shipping. The other deal I thought I had didn't pan out.

I got back from the boat today and cleaned my 2 SG bayos. Both are in excellent shape, handles were DRY,blades had a few scabbard marks. One was missing the tip but it is such a small issue you can only tell if you look closely. Will post pics when I can.

These will be great trade fodder in the near future. Am thinking of getting a couple more to put away until needed.

I just noticed that several guys on the CMP have been ordering scabbards from SARCO. They are manufactured in Germany???. The cost is $6.75 each with discount code GOD06

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=47735
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Founding Member
    Pic:

Used some camp-stove fuel to clean the cosmo off the metal and treated the handles with some Pecard's Leather Treatment. The handles were really dry and one had a little mildew. They should be GTG now.
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 06-25-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Senior Member captain_bob_badfish's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that! I just ordered 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MH53GUNNER View Post
    I just noticed that several guys on the CMP have been ordering scabbards from SARCO. They are manufactured in Germany???. The cost is $6.75 each with discount code GOD06

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=47735

Those look great - my order hit a small snafu - seems that the CMP didn't have my updated (renewal) M1 Collectors Club info. I sent an email copy of my current membership card and everything is good again. I should be receiving them sometime during the coming week. Hope they look as good as yours.
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Here's the worst one I got .This is a Norski.
    I put a Liberty tree scabbard with it.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=238307156

10% discount for any body here.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member
    I ordered 2 more when I received mine, seem to recall the other forum reports Norwegians sold out. Have not checked myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    I ordered 2 more when I received mine, seem to recall the other forum reports Norwegians sold out. Have not checked myself.
    they were removed from the Estore this morning. I went to grab up several more and found out the bad news.

I received mine today and all of the Norwegians look new still caked in grease. I also ordered 3 of the other bayos listed, and let me tell you they are some nasty lookers. Handles are thin and the leather and metal work looks like a caveman did the manufacturing.

Here are two that I cleaned. Notice the difference between the bayos.
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 06-28-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Got mine today - both are very nice and coated in cosmoline. Look just like cuppednlocked's do.
    BTW Charlie, the paperwork snafu was not a big deal. I bet that they had the proof of club membership all along, just somebody at CMP probably did not record it properly.
    Last edited by melloman; 06-30-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    Got mine today - both are very nice and coated in cosmoline. Look just like cuppednlocked's do.
    BTW Charlie, the paperwork snafu was not a big deal. I bet that they had the proof of club membership all along, just somebody at CMP probably did not record it properly.
    I had the same problem,They said my club membership expired.HA HA It's life membership in the VFW.I told Judy to look at my paperwork,she corrected it.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.