Thread: PPU ammo for Garand

Cadet

PPU ammo for Garand

Has anybody used any of this new Prvi Partisian ammo loaded for the Garands, if so is it any good? Thanks.

I havent used it myself but have heard good reviews . If I wasnt setting on a pile of HXP I would be buying Prvi
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Cadet
    Thanks for the info, I have some HXP but I was looking to buy some more ammo.

PPU isnt that much more than HXP and for alittle more you are getting factory fresh ammo
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I can't speak for the .30-'06 but their 7.62x54R is the BOMB. It shoots clean and accurate and the brass is tops for reloading.
    Jon

I've used the Prvi M2 Ball in my Garand. It shoots just fine, action cycles perfectly and it's very clean shooting. Prvi is very high quality ammo, I'd shoot more of it in my Garand if I didn't have a bunch of surplus HXP and Lake City. I also shoot a lot of Prvi 6.8 SPC. It's as good as SSA brand ammo in that calibre for quite a bit less money.
    Last edited by RGBvr; 03-03-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Patriot
    I've shot their 7.62x51 M80 clone. It didn't group well for me out of my chrome lined 20" m14. My rifle liked Federal XM80 a lot better. But it could have just been that rifle. I shot a bunch of it in a 308 garand, but I was messing with my Gas port diamater at the time and just trying to get it to cycle. Funny thing initially with with my 308 Garand Federal XM80 would cycle but my hand loads and PPU M80 wouldn't. After I opened up the port a bit all was good. But it seems it's not as hot a XM80. FWIW I won't hesitate to buy it it once my HXP is gone.

Justin

Junior Cadet
    I have shot about 200 rounds and find it much more accurate than HXP.

I Mexican matched some with Nosler 150gr Accubonds and it shot very nice 1.5 inch groups from my Garand. The powder looked like 4895 and was 49 grs.

Also at current prices 1000 rounds from SG Ammo is 71 cents per round and HXP spam cans from cmp is 74 cents per round. It is all I buy now.

Cadet
    I fired one round yesterday of PPU just to see if it cycled oK, it did. I would have fired more but I couldn't find the range; too much snow.

Pray for Spring.

Mark from Boston