Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Look What Followed Me Home From Kentucky

I like the stock. The stain they used on it when they refinished it matches the stain on your floor. Maybe the refinish was done by the same guy? Did James River refinish your floors?

How's the bore? I have an extra SC barrel that has a minty bore. You could have Tim park it in zinc to match.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I used to. I sold my mint Argentine FAL and my gorgeous STG58 kit that I was about to build when the "safe act" made me a felon for owning them.
    That would be a pain, I hope it does not spread...I bought 58 * kit too, the barrel was pristine, have contemplated installing it on my Imbel fal....

I used to. I sold my mint Argentine FAL and my gorgeous STG58 kit that I was about to build when the "safe act" made me a felon for owning them.
    Yeah, but don't you feel SAFEr?
    I'm still active on the 'Files, despite my strong preference for the Italian FAL over the Belgian one. I had a DSA SA-58 I bought in September '08, sold it in November '08 for a lot more than I paid for it, and was glad to do so - it had the ergonomics of blocks of wood, and I'm not a fan of the design.

Eli

Founding Member

fal member?-Y

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yeah, but don't you feel SAFEr?
    I'm still active on the 'Files, despite my strong preference for the Italian FAL over the Belgian one. I had a DSA SA-58 I bought in September '08, sold it in November '08 for a lot more than I paid for it, and was glad to do so - it had the ergonomics of blocks of wood, and I'm not a fan of the design.

Eli
    I always thought they,{Fals} were a little awkward, But over 60 countrys used them..Mine currently still has the pidgeon holed stock, that made it legal...Fal design lasted a long time in the Congo under veryharsh conditions..It shoots very well, Eats all types of Ammo, but I still have a fetish for USA Steel weapons...Because Like you I do have several to pick-from, Ain't America great??? I have the belief that the New STG-58 barrel would make it shoot a lot tighter groups.. It already has a nice big scope....in fact it was my choice for one of my Ozark Hog hunts...along with a strong sidearm for back-up and close shots...

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    I like the stock. The stain they used on it when they refinished it matches the stain on your floor. Maybe the refinish was done by the same guy? Did James River refinish your floors?

How's the bore? I have an extra SC barrel that has a minty bore. You could have Tim park it in zinc to match.
    Eric, you are too kind.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

That typewriter is a keeper for sure. The sock always hides the toenail fungus, thanks for that ;-) !

Stu

That is one fine looking SC you got there. But how come I never here about these trips Huh?????

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post
    Stu

That is one fine looking SC you got there. But how come I never here about these trips Huh?????

Mike
    My bad. Next year for sure!
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Axe man, you don't believe this statement do you?

I got the same BS Axe. First he invited me. Then he told me the trip was cancelled. Then he "re-invites" me only after he spends $750 on some luxury hotel rooms. At that point I could no longer swing it. Maybe it was for the best though. I heard he cancelled the luxury suites and some that made the trip had to sleep on the floor.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10