Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The EM62

Quote Originally Posted by ZBeast View Post
    Figuring in the rate of inflation since 1963, I would pay the $231.72 to have one of my M-1 s converted!
    I just don't know who does the EM62. I do know this though, there IS NO INFLATION! Just ask barry!

Founding Member
    Okay, Loved the photos from 1963..Looks like a bunch of extra small parts..Where did that gas system come from??....they also used the m-14 recoil spring to hold the front of the mag. Do YOU HAVE ANY OTHER PHOTOS OF IT?/iNTRIGUED, BY THE MANY WAYS THAT OTHERS HAVE TACKLED THE CONVERSION.? sorry locked caps in?? Og.

Founding Member
    Okay read it again...Four million garands in Formosa...?? Tim did any of the photos show the"HESITATION lever? I know it would be close to the sear and the part that catches the hammer..OG.

Go here and ask the gentleman "RDS". He may have more photos. http://m14forum.com/tim-shufflin/175...onversion.html

Founding Member
    Tried to find him, Tim.. but I cannot get a password to work over on M-14 forums.. guess i need to study it more..

Junior Cadet
    I posted up this rifle back in 2013 but no one knew what it was. Just found out that my rifle appears to be this interesting EM62. Here is mine again!

http://imgur.com/a/yT8bi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    I posted up this rifle back in 2013 but no one knew what it was. Just found out that my rifle appears to be this interesting EM62. Here is mine again!

http://imgur.com/a/yT8bi
    Very cool! That's 7.62 NATO? Looking at the pictures I can see how it could be BAR fed.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Very cool! That's 7.62 NATO? Looking at the pictures I can see how it could be BAR fed.
    Yup, 7.62 NATO! It takes M14 magazines. So happy to finally find out where it came from! I originally thought it was a one-off from a clever machinist. I wonder how many are in the wild.

Wojtek

Can you post more photos of your rifle? I would like to see photos of the internals. Also what is the serial range of your rifle?