Thread: Lubrication grease

Cadet

Lubrication grease

Been using Lubriplate 130-A grease on my mini g, very slick, makes the action very smooth, it is a white grease , got it from Midway they listed it as firearm grease. Noticed that all the Garand grease I see online seems to be a dark color, read that the military used Lubriplate to lube Garands am I using the right stuff. thanks.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Any grease works.I use standard multi purpose red grease,have for years and I haven't had any problems ever.No need for you
    to switch now.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    Any grease, use lightly....I do use the Lubriplate that is white and is used when you assemble an Internal combustion engine, mainly automotive ..I remember some of the tiny containers back in the day were white inside too..Not as dark as the last little tubs I bought at surplus store..I started to use some of my Mobile synthetic auto grease, but i was afraid MY OP rod might fly off and hit me, because it is so slickly..Thats a joke ,son... Still chuckling about the guy on cmp wanting to put Locktite on his gas cylinder....He could have chosen Permatex, the do all of the 50's in repairs.

No need to buy little tubes of expensive so called high tech gun grease. Go to auto parts store and buy a tube of wheel bearing grease. If it protects wheel bearings its overkill for your babied semi auto Garand
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Go to Wal Mart, spend $4 on a one pound tub of red high-temp/pressure wheel bearing grease. That one pound tub will last you at least 20 lifetimes. When it comes to M1 rifles, grease is grease. Remember, if it rotates, oil it. If it slides, grease it. Oh yah, and if it doesn't move, paint it.
    Jon

Oh no..............