Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The future of the Mini-G

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Don't understand the idea that the OP rod is anymore fragile on a Mini-g than any other Garand??

Tim should answer this (cuz I'll probably be wrong), but it's friday and he's home with his hot-honey. I think the issue is not fragility, but the tightness of the bends. That's a short rod that has to be bent perfectly to clear everything
    [SIGPIC]

Sean is correct, the oprod is actually stronger on the G because it's shorter. Bend a 1/2" tube that's 16" long and then bend one that's only 8" long, which one is easier to bend?

The bends on a G oprod are very tight and done in a very short area. That is, you have two bends right next to each other and the rod literally runs about .010 from the barrel at the entire length. There's not much room be wrong in your bends.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    How many? Why would I say that? That's like giving a tax testimony to use against your W2.
    The Love of my LIFE!!! A TRUE SMALL BUSINESS OWNER!!!

Lois Learner just called, she wanted to know if I have your current address.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunt67 View Post
    Lois Learner just called, she wanted to know if I have your current address.
    Just refuse to talk about it, there will be no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Just refuse to talk about it, there will be no repercussions.
    What difference does it make?
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Sean is correct, the oprod is actually stronger on the G because it's shorter. Bend a 1/2" tube that's 16" long and then bend one that's only 8" long, which one is easier to bend?

The bends on a G oprod are very tight and done in a very short area. That is, you have two bends right next to each other and the rod literally runs about .010 from the barrel at the entire length. There's not much room be wrong in your bends.
    Tim,
    Might I assume the op rod bend is less if you use a BM59 "drop down" gas cylinder? That is what I will be sending you for my Mini-G build.
    Randy

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    What difference does it make?
    It was just a bad pun on her refusing to testify to Congress and the injustice dept refusing to prosecute her for contempt of Congress.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Tim should answer this (cuz I'll probably be wrong), but it's friday and he's home with his hot-honey. I think the issue is not fragility, but the tightness of the bends. That's a short rod that has to be bent perfectly to clear everything
    Okay, now that part i can soak up, then his answer on the length of a flexing rod..just was not looking at those angles...I knew if anything it should be subjected to about the same torques....Not to say an Op rod cannot be bent too much..

Quote Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
    Tim,
    Might I assume the op rod bend is less if you use a BM59 "drop down" gas cylinder? That is what I will be sending you for my Mini-G build.
    Randy

Bend would be almost straight.