Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent Sales Removed From Store...

Agent Sales Removed From Store...

Let the complaining begin. I've never used nor needed an agent service, and live in Arizona.

What say the rest?

I never had a problem with people buying through an agent. I could see the
    advantage of buying through an agent vs the "roll-of-the-dice" by mail order.
    CMP could do what they want, but I am curious as to their reason to stop agent purchases.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I've got a good hunch, it was other agents complaining about other agents.

I wonder if 100% of the store traffic were agents now?

Roadkingtrax, that picture in your signature line is most excellent. Where did that come from?

I have no problem either way. Instead of stopping agents I would have rather had them stop parts from leaving out the back door, wholesale cherry picking by a club, competing with for profits as a gunsmithing company using tax dollars. You know, stop the small stuff like this. Instead, they are "reforming" by stopping agent sales? Wait!!! does that mean no more mass club cherry picking? Many people complained that agent sales were cherry picking and resented it, club visits with "clean your own" buying opportunities could be considered the same.

Founding Member
    I had one Field grade picked for me this year...I don't know that I would have bought it, but it is because it had hidden damage to the barrel and gas cylinder..NO one could have found the mess, and it was a lead rebuild like I had requested, just was in very bad shape...He picked it grattis and I sent in $10.00 for gas, as he goes a lot anyway....Rob seems to be a great guy and I would not be able to do it as he does..He is up on his tech and parts...Agents being banned?? Why?? I sure would like to know, the real reason...But I am not stupid enough to go to the dragon,s mouth and ask on CMP site .I'll just get a box of popcorn and read......? OG.

One time at the NS me and my wife walked in and there was a guy in the corner with about 15 rifles. Some had be partially disassembled. After looking thru his pile, much to his displeasure, I determined that he had gone thru the FG rack and grabbed all the best rifles from the rack. The staff didnt seem to like it too much but did nothing. It was them that told me he was a buyers agent.

The only real problem I had is that he grabbed all the best and tried to keep them out of the hands of the other shoppers. I'm sure not all agents do this but who knows.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    One time at the NS me and my wife walked in and there was a guy in the corner with about 15 rifles. Some had be partially disassembled. After looking thru his pile, much to his displeasure, I determined that he had gone thru the FG rack and grabbed all the best rifles from the rack. The staff didnt seem to like it too much but did nothing. It was them that told me he was a buyers agent.

The only real problem I had is that he grabbed all the best and tried to keep them out of the hands of the other shoppers. I'm sure not all agents do this but who knows.
    I saw the same thing at the South store about seven years ago. A group of 4 or 5 guys had a big pile of rifles on some of the
    tables and were swapping parts. The employees did nothing to stop it.
    The last time I was at the North Store, which was over 2 years ago, I was told the only place I could disassemble the rifle was
    on the sale counter. A store employee had to be present too.
    I don't know what they do today.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I saw the same thing at the South store about seven years ago. A group of 4 or 5 guys had a big pile of rifles on some of the
    tables and were swapping parts. The employees did nothing to stop it.
    The last time I was at the North Store, which was over 2 years ago, I was told the only place I could disassemble the rifle was
    on the sale counter. A store employee had to be present too.
    I don't know what they do today.
    One rifle at a time to the counter, no parts swapping or correcting...Although two guys from deep south (believe louisiana} bought 12 in one trip , either late 14 or early 15..claimed they did not own a shop???

Founding Member
    The only time I used an agent was when a buddy picked out a receiver...