Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent Sales Removed From Store...

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    The only time I used an agent was when a buddy picked out a receiver...
    And how'd that work out for you? I would bet that buddy would be more than willing to take that receiver off your hands!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post
    Roadkingtrax, that picture in your signature line is most excellent. Where did that come from?
    Saw this guys art while spending a weekend in Northern Arizona. He's based out of San Diego, his art is a mix of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and military, western and his own mind.

His WW2 stuff is pretty unique. When I bought the print at an art show he stated it was a group of renactors that posed for him.

BIGGER VERSION: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/010...g?v=1410381638

http://www.davidlozeau.com/collections/military

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    And how'd that work out for you? I would bet that buddy would be more than willing to take that receiver off your hands!
    It sits barrel-less. Seems it keeps getting shuffled down the priority list!

Man, oh man, what a biotch fest the no agent thing has turned in to. I think they should go back to the old dcm way, that is, you get the next one in line, period. And you have to shoot in a couple of matches to qualify as I had to do. The program is supposed to support the shooting sports, not enable the hoarders.
    Jon

Founding Member
    Hoarders... that's a funny label for people who have money to spend and decide to spend it with the CMP.

I like hoarders, they're great for the economy.

Agent sales was done away with because the CMP is extremely job scared. By that, I mean, the CMP is constantly looking for stuff that could be used as "ammo" for the anti-gunners to crack down on the CMP. Agent sales is one of those things that could be mistaken by the uneducated anti-gunner as a form of "straw purchase," although agent sales is not at all a straw purchase. Still, anything that smacks at the actual buyer not showing up in the store themselves, or sending in the paperwork themselves directly, appears to the gun control crowd as not 100%.

If there is one thing I learned about the CMP it is this. The CMP wants to preserve itself. And one of the things they are instep with is gun control, the CMP caters to the gun culture on the one hand, yet at the same time the CMP is constantly leary about ticking off the anti-gunners. Or drawing undue attention to themselves from the anti-gunners.

In short, ANYTHING and I repeat ANYTHING the CMP can think of that further insulates them from being targeted by the anti-gunners, the CMP will do it. Agent sales is lock step in there with that. Notice how the CMP pulled the M2 ball AP/incendiary rounds off the military surplus menu on the estore at the turn of the year, I dont believe someone just up and bought all that ammo, it got pulled around the same time the CMP announced its 2000 a year round limit on all types of ammo, not just military surplus ammo. And not long after that, the ATF came up with that attempt to ban M855 ammo. Im telling you, the CMP is super duper sensitive to all that anti-gunner kind of stuff. The CMP is job scared as hell, they know one bad press report could get them deep sixed.

Getting rid of agent sales falls inline with one of those sorts of activities the anti-gunners would smile upon. "oh, the CMP got rid of those stupid agent sales, wonderful."

Dr. Ho Ho
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I like hoarders, they're great for the economy.
    Maybe their own economies. Those of us who have a slim to none chance of ever getting to one of the stores are just SOL.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Maybe their own economies. Those of us who have a slim to none chance of ever getting to one of the stores are just SOL.
    Jon

and hoarders have no impact on your ability to get to the store.

Were you under the impression that you are somehow entitled to equal access??
    [SIGPIC]

Jon
    You arent missing anything, atleast at the North Store as they just dont het the inventory consistantly anymore. I havent been up there for several years and I'm only a few hours away. Only time I go now is for the Natinals and I havent made that trip for two years
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"