Thread: AR-15A2 buttplate and stenciling question

AR-15A2 buttplate and stenciling question

I have two questions:

First, is there a place online where I can order a USGI A2 steel buttplate to replace the buttplate that came with my Rock River A2 buttplate?

Second, where do you get that white stenciling stuff online at? The stuff you can spray paint your name or a number on the butt of your AR-15?

thanks,

Dr. Ho Ho
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

RT40 (banned permanently) from the CMP forum

As far as the stencils go....go to Amazon and type in "Military Stencils". They have 1/2" and 1" ones if I remember right.

USGI A2 and A1 buttplates never have been metal. Trapdoors are metal
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Thanks. Yeah, I found a place on amazon, a company called Stencil Ease. They make custom military stencil kits. I want to get one in my last name and spray paint my last name in flat white on the bottom of my AR-15 buttstock, across the buttstock. I think that would look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
    As far as the stencils go....go to Amazon and type in "Military Stencils". They have 1/2" and 1" ones if I remember right.
    All M1 Garand rifles coming into the CMP's possession for resale, should be sold only to buyers who have shot an M1 Garand at a registered M1 match once a year. M1 Garand sales to non shooters should cease completely and immediately. If you want to buy M1s, you should be REQUIRED to shoot minimum one formal match per year, every year.

OK, the trapdoors then. Where do you get the metal ones? I saw on the movie Apocalypse Now a quick flash of the A1 buttstock, it had the metal on part of the buttstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    USGI A2 and A1 buttplates never have been metal. Trapdoors are metal

A2 trapdoors are also metal, any commercial trapdoor "should" fit if milspec
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"