Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hopeless Stock Repair

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Beautiful repair. I'm a big fan of the 1899's. Super well made rifles. Incredible craftsmanship. I had an 1899 saddle ring carbine, and a couple of takedowns. I wish I never sold them but whatever. Anyway. I had a 1907 Winchester with a similar break but it wasn't from shooting-it was from being stepped on. Nice job.
    Fan of 1899. Because you where one of the first ones to shoot them. When they came out! LMAO Peace toolman

Founding Member
    Nice work!

Great repair, Had something like that on my Marlin 336. Was fixed just like yours, right down to the brass screws.

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Cadet
    I realize this is a necropost, but I need to tell you guys: There is a luthier's (guitarmaker's) supply house called Stewart-McDonald's, www.stewmac.com, which sells superglue in graduated thinnesses, specifically for dealing with green-stick breaks like the one in the OP. Let it soak into the crack and clamp the crap out of it-- it has saved more than one gun stock for me. (Why do Savage 24's always split at the wrist even when they aren't being shot?? This stuff has saved at least four of them--) They carry a bunch of clamps and such for fussy little jobs as well. OBTW, this is my first post here-- figures it's in a dead thread--

Quote Originally Posted by Ductapeman View Post
    I realize this is a necropost, but I need to tell you guys: There is a luthier's (guitarmaker's) supply house called Stewart-McDonald's, www.stewmac.com, which sells superglue in graduated thinnesses, specifically for dealing with green-stick breaks like the one in the OP. Let it soak into the crack and clamp the crap out of it-- it has saved more than one gun stock for me. (Why do Savage 24's always split at the wrist even when they aren't being shot?? This stuff has saved at least four of them--) They carry a bunch of clamps and such for fussy little jobs as well. OBTW, this is my first post here-- figures it's in a dead thread--
    And an interesting post at that.