Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Block Cousins

Old Guard, It would seem that we are proud Johnny Rebs. Those northern boys seem to forget that it was they that invaded, burned, plundered, pillaged, stole and basically ruined the South. After the war they had homes to go to, we, in a lot of cases did not. Now they wonder why WE are still fighting the WAR LOL! Anyway, since you are a Mauser guy tell what you think of these three old war horses....

The bottom one is a 1917 all matching M96 Swede, the middle one is an all matching 1895 Chilean, Loewe Berlin and the top one is a 1943 BNZ Model K98K all matching with a cupped laminated stock. The pictures aren't as good as the rifles.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
    Old Guard, It would seem that we are proud Johnny Rebs. Those northern boys seem to forget that it was they that invaded, burned, plundered, pillaged, stole and basically ruined the South. After the war they had homes to go to, we, in a lot of cases did not. Now they wonder why WE are still fighting the WAR LOL! Anyway, since you are a Mauser guy tell what you think of these three old war horses....

The bottom one is a 1917 all matching M96 Swede, the middle one is an all matching 1895 Chilean, Loewe Berlin and the top one is a 1943 BNZ Model K98K all matching with a cupped laminated stock. The pictures aren't as good as the rifles.
    I like all three, Yes the South is still in turmoil....I don't have that model K98.. Did you know that 6.5x55 ammo is about A dollar a shot now??My rifle looks exactly like the bottom one, one of the loudest I own..My chile rifle is the calvary model, shorter and I think it is 7.62 nato..

Founding Member
    Well the trip to Alabama was a bust as to getting to go into many gunshops..I did not find the first Mosin rifle, and very few warsurplus models....Still trying to decide If i want to mailorder another one?? ...tough to get old, and make good decisions now, and just entered the golden years..I did go to a fantastic Military Museum,Continental war to Afganistan, they had loads of nice rifles... and field gear...Always like to look at those items..Would have maxed out the plastic, if available...had to fight the urge to go to Anniston, while i was in Madison, al..The BH was just great, we had a good getaway..

Founding Member
    Nice rifles. Peace toolman

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
    You mean kinda like this old beat up, plain stocked, matching number M91/30 Sniper that's ready for the trash heap? ;-) Another cousin with better long range eyesight.

I guess I will keep this old war horse for awhile longer....maybe a few Bosch were "dispatched" by a Russian woman using this one.....or it was a put together to sell to the Amerikonski.
    Yuummm, Had to come back and put the eyeball on this ole war dog again,,I like it...