Thread: This maybe misurp one day...

This maybe misurp one day...

but for now it's a clone of the pistol used by the SEALs. Just picked up this SIG P226 with night sights. Pictured with it's big brother SIG P220

WHERE GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, EVIL DARES NOT TREAD. Mark Muller

The 226 is one of the finest shooting weapons in my collection. I received mine as a retirement gift so it has some meaning. It has the weight and bulk to handle the .40 cal ammo without harsh recoil. Recovery time is also quick and the night sights make target acquisition easy. As you can tell I really like mine and I highly recommend the Sig 226. Mine also came with the factory protective coating which I also recommend.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 06-19-2011 at 12:22 PM.

GUYS-That trigger pull looks really long-If you cock the hammer, does that take up some of the travel?? I'm looking a little harder for a .40, now that I have free snap caps coming.....

Jeff, the trigger pull isn't objectionable, or at least to me. I have also several Glock 40's and the trigger pull is about the same. The reason I have a number of pistols is I was able to write off one a year on taxes as "equipment." Of course once you get a weapon it usually doesn't get sold it acquires a place in the collection.
    Bill

Off to test fire

Senior Member captain_bob_badfish's Avatar
    I really didn't need to see this thread. I've been thinking of adding another SIG so to arsenal.

I put about 75 rounds through it at the range. Not really into precise round counts.

One FTF on a blazer alum case early on, then no problem. shot a mix of that plus Rem and Winchester SXP.

I think I might be able to produce some good groups if I could keep the front sight in focus. Damn glasses, need a new scrip.

I had a German Police P226 trade in that I just never could get used to. Just never fit my hand right.
    Sold it easily as the German SIGs are in demand and most guys seem to love them.
    I have a spare set of sights somewhere that if someone could use you can have just them, PM me.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    For you SIG fans this guy seems to have them all, he cant post his prices anylonger he was selling them at to low a price got in trouble with SIG, his stock online is kinda thin now of other pistols but when he gets around to posting he has some super buys, he's big in the resell of confiscated police guns www.summitgunbroker.com