Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help identifying my stock that I got on my International Harvester from CMP

help identifying my stock that I got on my International Harvester from CMP

I ordered a service grade International Harvester with all LMR. CMP sent me a field grade the same way, it was very very filthy took a long time to get it cleaned. I'm pretty satisfied, lot of people say that my stock could be an early International Harvester not sure it does have the Springfield style p on the pistol grip. Also on the left side is the ordinance wheel it's very faint hardest take a picture of but I did try also I took a picture of a data sheet that shows the symbol if you slide it over the market matches perfectly. So if anybody can help me tell me what kind of stock this is and what it goes for I'd be very appreciative thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like an SA stock to me. Caveat, it's been at least three or four years since I've cared enough to know what the difference in IHC stocks are. I used to know my stocks pretty well but that time is past.

thank you Tim, that was my thought as well simply because of the proof, but the ordinance wheel on the side the only thing that's kind of weird maybe it had the SA GAW or NEF
    on it.

If SA WWII stock it should have letters numbers stamped under buttplate, possibly the letter "s" or other number letter in barrel channel
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    It looks like an SA stock to me. Caveat, it's been at least three or four years since I've cared enough to know what the difference in IHC stocks are. I used to know my stocks pretty well but that time is past.
    Ditto! I used to know every little detail about every little part. Those days are gone. I know you're hoping early IHC but it does look Springfield though.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

It looks like my SA stocks. Rub some BLO over the cartouche area. It should temporally
    highlight the cartouche.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

It could be an early HRA stock as well.
    Jon

Early HRA's had the wheel on the oprod side, normally. Like anything though, they could have put it on the "wrong" side.

My guess is still HRA. The absence of the barrel channel stamps and stock notch on the right side says HRA to me.
    Jon