Thread: Good 10 Round M1 Carbine Mags?

Patriot

Good 10 Round M1 Carbine Mags?

Anyone know of any Good, Reliable, 10 Round m1 carbine mags for those of us stuck behind the lines. I hear most of the commercial mags are junk. I would love it if someone sold USGI 10/15 limited mags! Magazineblocks.com has the blocks, but in NY you can't get rebuild kits to use the blocks! Arg!

I just picked up an IBM M1 carbine and need to feed it!

Justin

Don't know if you tried this place
    I got some 10 round mags from them. I only shot 20 rounds with my IBM carbine and didn't have any problems.

http://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carbi...-magazine.html
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Patriot
    Thanks Jak,

My brother had an alpine carbine once and It wouldn't feed right with even USGI mags, so I so I've been nervous about mags for this one.

I saw these and they had great reviews. I planned to order 2 of these and 2 promags from Midway (but promags seem to either work fine, or people want to destroy them). And see how it goes, I was wondering if there was a source I was missing.

Justin

Justin,
    These guys have 5 round mags if ever NY forces you to use them.
    I bought mags for my Mossberg US44 from Triple K and they worked great for
    all the rounds I put through them

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/553/
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Patriot
    FWIW: I bought 2 from Keepshooting.com and 2 Promags. The keepshooting.com mags worked flawlessly through 40-50 rounds. The first promag I tried, jammed twice in the first 10. I stopped using them and just went with the keepshooting.com mags. They seem to be GTG after one range trip..

Founding Member

I shop keepshooting too..

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    FWIW: I bought 2 from Keepshooting.com and 2 Promags. The keepshooting.com mags worked flawlessly through 40-50 rounds. The first promag I tried, jammed twice in the first 10. I stopped using them and just went with the keepshooting.com mags. They seem to be GTG after one range trip..
    Ha, I'm using a keepshooting mag adapter to fit my keltec, makes it 15 shots, works great..The old promag mags [30rd] I bought for my Mini-14 had to all have the holes redone to fit and shoot right..I used the famous demil tool to cut the hole slots...The 10 shot mags I had for that rifle were bushmaster, and cut and pinned to meet the 10 shot reg..They were crap....one never worked???Most of the time if jamming a little shot of silicone lube will help them slide and load....