Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMP Auction..... Like New Winchester Garand

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Stu....dust off the Polaroid film and 8 tracks....cash 'em in the WRA is going back up....."The auction will be relisted. The winner had accidentally entered an extra zero." (post #49 at below link)

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=165777&page=5

So, how does it NOT go to the next bidder in line?? Sounds to me like someone was shill bidding. I can come up with no other explanation for not selling it to the next guy in line unless there is no "next guy in line"
    [SIGPIC]

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    So, how does it NOT go to the next bidder in line?? Sounds to me like someone was shill bidding. I can come up with no other explanation for not selling it to the next guy in line unless there is no "next guy in line"
    The response from the CMP in post 49 is short and sweet. Yes, think the next bidder on the list would become high bid, unless that bidder also declined. Who knows-who cares I guess....way out of my price range.

I officially declared shennanigans over at the cmp. I need someone to second it.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I officially declared shennanigans over at the cmp. I need someone to second it.

Second !!!

I know that if I entered the wrong bid, especially at the price of $40,000.00, I would calling cmp, emailing them, etc and telling them it was
    the mistake. The other thing that has me thinking is that if my supposedly high bid was $4,000.00 and I saw that I was high bidder
    at $10,000.00, $12,000.00, $20,000.00 etc, I would be wondering what was wrong.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

He got buyers remorse. It asks you in big-ass bold "Your maximum bid is $1069.50 for this item" so how the hell he missed that doesn't pass the smell test.

What happened is he didn't want to deal with bidding over and over and put some ridiculous number up there expecting to get it for $5-7k, only to be blind-sided when it hit $39k. If I were CMP I would be calling 2nd, 3rd and 4th in line asking if they wanted it because there are guys out there with legitimate money that would pay $20k for that gun.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Maybe the same person who handled the carbine sales tickets years ago is back as a consultant.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratochief View Post
    He got buyers remorse. It asks you in big-ass bold "Your maximum bid is $1069.50 for this item" so how the hell he missed that doesn't pass the smell test.

What happened is he didn't want to deal with bidding over and over and put some ridiculous number up there expecting to get it for $5-7k, only to be blind-sided when it hit $39k. If I were CMP I would be calling 2nd, 3rd and 4th in line asking if they wanted it because there are guys out there with legitimate money that would pay $20k for that gun.
    Okay, Had to go over and read this to believe it?? Dammit, at least two bidders going over 20k on the rifle..Why did the second bidder, not get the rifle at his bid,,..Something stinks on this one, more than Usual..

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Maybe the same person who handled the carbine sales tickets years ago is back as a consultant.

It makes sense to me.

Shenanigans.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10