Thread: '' F'' on Barrel Lug

'' F'' on Barrel Lug

I have a Rem Rand M1911A1. As far as I can tell, it's correct, or mostly so. On one side of the barrel lug is the proof '' P''. On the other side of the lug is the letter '' F''. Who made this barrel and what is the chance it's original to the gun? I don't have the s/n handy but it is a May '44 produced gun.
    Thanks
    Jon

barrel3.jpgFlannery made barrels for Remington Rand from 44-45. Or so I've read. They're marked with an "F" and a "P". I'm getting interested in 1911's lately.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 06-05-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Thanks Stu.
    Jon

Go to the ID Pages at the link below. Select the Barrels tab and scroll down to the section for Remington Rand.

http://coolgunsite.com/

HTH

Richard

Richard,
    Thank you for the link. I guess it could be original to the gun. I'm not in such a rush now to change it out.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Richard,
    Thank you for the link. I guess it could be original to the gun. I'm not in such a rush now to change it out.
    Jon
    Jon,
    I found the site while researching my pre-WWI Springfield1911. I was able to determine that my 1911 is a mix master. I started to look into restoration, but original Springfield parts are highly sought after, rare, an $$$. I was bidding on a safety and dropped out at $75, it sold for almost $130. However most WWI era 1911 Colt parts drop in without issue and I've been able acquire Colt parts to bring it back to the original pattern.

If you're looking for vintage parts for your 1911, give the site below a look. I purchased reproduction 1911 Springfield pattern grips from a Gent on this site.

http://vintage1911s.com/

Richard
    Last edited by RGBvr; 06-11-2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: correct spelling error

Thanks for the link Richard.
    Jon